Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yup the whole "I'm kinda emo but to lazy to do the whole thing" kinda look. Gotta love it :)

PwNeD

For me, I try to make my hair look good and put on eyemakeup to draw attention away from my skin.. My outfits aren't anything special.. just jeans and usually a fun girlish shirt that i'll wear some type of fun necklace with lol... or i'll just wear sweatpants and a teeshirt :shrug:. I try my best to, to fake confidence, since I hear confidence is the most attractive thing in a person.

I have always been smart so throughout school I ignored my appearance totally and concentrated on being intelligent.

Now I have left school and I am starting to care more about my appearance, so I am putting effort into a good hairstyle and nice clothes. I avoid makeup as I hate the feel of it and because of my colouring it tends to look better natural.

To be honest, my face condition doesn't really fit with the rest of the way I look. I'm a perfectionist with my clothing, hair, makeup, teeth, and nails. In some weird way I want people to understand that acne doesn't happen because someone is lazy or dirty.

Guest Calibos
how do you divert the attention away from your skin?

girls... with eye makeup? clothes? work harder on figure etc?

guys... do you put more effor into your hair/ clothes, do you work out?

(by all of the above, i mean do you do these things more than you would if you didnt have acne?)

Guest T-Virus

I just thought I'd mention that the other night a friend of mine came to a party with straightened black hair, black lipstick and black nailpolish :| He looked like Marilyn Manson.

That's one way of "working the look" :|

I think you can draw some attention off your acne if you have cool unique hair, piercings tattoos. I also wear clothes with lots of designs and detail. I also think eye makeup will definatly draw attention off of acne. With all that people will still notice acne but they'll be more likely noticing the tattoos piercings and cool clothes. I worked in a hot warehouse with a bunch of guys, I didn't bother to wear makeup cause it would of sweated right off but I always wore funky knee high sox, black knee high boots, and cool band t-shirts. I actually got lots of compliments on my clothes from the guys I worked with. At that time my acne was pretty bad. Besides my own personal insecurities the guys I worked with were really sweet and made me feel comfortable. I'm no longer at that job but I'm still good friends with a couple guys I worked with. A couple guys that worked there had acne too so I didn't feel so alone.

It kinda works both ways for me; I used to want to 'make up' for my skin by trying to improve others areas of my appearance, mostly to divert as much attention as I could from my face. But then at the same time I'd be just so fed up of everything I couldn't give a damn what clothes I'd got on, whether they matched or whether my hair was a mess etc. etc. Plus, I figured I was going to look like shit no matter what I did so what was the point? :doubt:

I did get a bit funny with my getting-ready routines though for a long time, even though my hair was a complete mess (I have proudly been to the hairdressers only once in my lifetime =D I should probably go again.. ), it had to be in the exact same mess that I wanted it.. and I would still desperately try to make myself look presentable which usually ended up in an endless cycle of me putting makeup on, washing it off, re-doing it again.. in some vain hope a miracle would suddenly occur and my skin would look great, then of course I'd end up not even going out anyway as soon as I caught myself in natural daylight. Ahh.

I look like the scruffiest girl you've ever seen.. same old jeans, shirt.. unbrushed hair and now I've given up makeup to boot. Just don't give a damn anymore (only regarding fashion sense and 'presentability' mind, still have very low self-esteem..) Actually, I ran out to get the dustbin in today, and the man from next door happened to be out there at the same time (I wait until the coast is supposedly clear and then everyone decides to come out at once, what's that all about?) anyway, and I was in my pj's, electric-shockified hair due to extreme lackage of brushing and spaghetti-hoop-orange all round my mouth.. in the rain. Well, that's one neighbour I shant be seeing again for a while, I do believe..

Little did he know that a strange monster had been living a few metres away from him all this time.. venturing out once in a blue moon to collect the dustbin and then scurrying back inside to consume more spaghetti hoops. Rahahaha

For me, I try to make my hair look good and put on eyemakeup to draw attention away from my skin.. My outfits aren't anything special.. just jeans and usually a fun girlish shirt that i'll wear some type of fun necklace with lol... or i'll just wear sweatpants and a teeshirt :shrug:. I try my best to, to fake confidence, since I hear confidence is the most attractive thing in a person.

I just sorta do what I normally do I suppose. I'm actually more lazy now that I'm on accutane so I don't really tend to take the time to try and look pretty. It's actually kinda nice not to have to worry about it. :)

I just sorta do what I normally do I suppose. I'm actually more lazy now that I'm on accutane so I don't really tend to take the time to try and look pretty. It's actually kinda nice not to have to worry about it. :)

I don't know about all this. I believe that during those bad days, although its hard, yi try to make efforts in trying to pamper myself a little more. I try to be confident (try is the key word). If on a bad day i would not care for myself i think i'd look worse.

I buy a REALLY good concealer. Even if it's pricey. When my acne was really bad (a few months ago) I only applied the concealer on the trouble spots so the rest of my skin could shine through. Looks way more natural than wearing a mask of makeup. Also, since I only broke out around my cheeks, I would part my hair or my bangs in a way that would cover/mask/divert attention from the part of my face that was breaking out the most. I know your supposed to keep hair away from your face, but come on people :wacko: Anyways, my skin is better now, but the red marks are so ugly. I want them to go away, but I feel like they're gona last forever. grrrrrr.