Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sotret99

Anybody Just Start Accutane Recently?

Hey I just got my prescription this week. Just wanted to see if anybody else is starting around the same time I am so I can have someone to talk to about stuff and see how eachothers progress is going and this and that so if anybody is doing this cycle with me let me know!

Hey I just got my prescription this week. Just wanted to see if anybody else is starting around the same time I am so I can have someone to talk to about stuff and see how eachothers progress is going and this and that so if anybody is doing this cycle with me let me know!

I just started on the 11th. :)

sweet. I added you guys as friends. Hows it going so far? Have you noticed any effects of the drug yet? Any dryness at all? I started on the 14th and Im not really feeling anything yet. Im taking Sotret, 30mg/day.

Started the 6th and still getting over the Initial Break-out. It was pretty rough but I attribute that to the 80mg/day that I'm on.

I'm going to start it soon. I am wondering how many times a month one has to go in for checkups (either for blood tests or just visits) while on accutane treatment.

I'm going to start it soon. I am wondering how many times a month one has to go in for checkups (either for blood tests or just visits) while on accutane treatment.

I only have to go in once every couple of months :dance:

and...yea, day 4 not feeling anything yet. last time I was on accutane it took a week or more to even get chapped lips.

Hey guys,

I started on March 9th. I was put on 30mg which sounds low to me since im 155lbs, but I guess the doctor wants to slowly put me on. I'm not sure if I had an initial break out because I usually have about 5+ pimples on my face all the time. I'm definitely drier...my face is flakey, my lips are more chapped, and my scalp is itchy. Otherwise it's not too bad. I hope the accutane will clear me up within the next month.

-Timmah2k

Hey guys,

I started on March 9th. I was put on 30mg which sounds low to me since im 155lbs, but I guess the doctor wants to slowly put me on. I'm not sure if I had an initial break out because I usually have about 5+ pimples on my face all the time. I'm definitely drier...my face is flakey, my lips are more chapped, and my scalp is itchy. Otherwise it's not too bad. I hope the accutane will clear me up within the next month.

-Timmah2k

Timmah2k, ya I got 30mg/day too which seemed low to me, i weigh 180 pounds. I defenitly dont feel anything yet. Maybe some slight itching but Im not certain if it is the sotren or not. I have noticed that since I popped the first pill (its only been three days) I havent gotten any new zits. I dont think it could be the sotren working already, but I stopped using BP and stopped washing my face at all with the gentle cleanser soap ive been using because I didnt want to get dried out. Its making me wonder.....was BP and washing with that soap twice a day even doing anything at all? Was it helping? or even possibly hurting? Because the added dryness and flaking of the skin I heard can clog pores and lead to more breakouts.....so was I doing that to myself all this time? Does BP truely do anything to prevent acne anyway or just treat the acne thats there?....And does washing your face even help since, ya it can remove excess oil and debris that may clog pores, but the overproduction of sebum and pore collapse happen farther under the surface anyway so what does it really matter if you wash twice a day with a gentle cleanser?........just a thought....kinda interesting how people (including me) pay all this money for BP and certain soaps and all this crap and apply it religously everyday to no avail...nothing happens. Its like a placebo we think it may be helping but who knows.....our acne might be the same without it, or even better?.....just a thought becuase it seemed for the entire time i bought and used that crap I would see new acne constantly, at least one zit within a three day period and now that I stopped for the first time I got nothing new at all........I know im on sotren now but I wonder if there was a connection....

Oh and by the way........Thanks for responding everybody Im glad you are all here and we are all taking it together!....What is every1's doses??? What are your side effects so far??? Its day three and I still dont really feel any.......anybody else the same like that? Is that normal? I still feel like my dose is too low....30/mg day sotren

I started March 11th on Claravis 30mg/day. Today was the first day that I noticed my lips were really annoyingly dry. I do see some minor dry flaking on my forehead but other than that nothing else. My body is sore but I think its from shoveling snow today. I have a few cysts but they aren't really inflamed...the only thing that's bothering me is that one of the zits I have is right on the edge of my lip that hurts like hell.

I'm glad I saw this thread....I'm looking forward to everyone else's progress.

Hey there, I just started Accutane on Monday March 12th. I noticed by Thursday my nose became really red and sore around the sides. It still is a little sore today (Sat) but not as bad. I havent had any big breakouts since I started, still waiting for that :)

I have tried many many different medications before this. The latest was Minocin. Minocin took a huge toll on my body, I had diarrhea about 12 times a day. It was very awkward and embarrassing (especially at work). I had to keep making up the excuse that it must be something I ate (but I knew what it really was). I managed to stay on it for a couple weeks, but had to stop. I told my doc about it and he said that shouldnt happen. But its the exact thing that happened with the last drug I took (I cant remeber the name, but I think it was another "ocin" type). I just think my body rejects it.

Anyway, I hope accutane will have a different affect on my body...so far, so good.

Good luck to everyone out there!

M

(29, Male, Canada)

:X Wow, I think I'm on the mildest dose--my derm's started me at 10mg, and then upping that by 10mg every ten days (so 10 days at 10mg, 10 at 20mg, 10 at 30mg, etc) until the side effects start getting killer. I haven't changed my cleansing routine because my skin is still oily as fuck, and I've noticed a sort of mild breakout of lots of little watery-looking spots--they almost look like clogged pores or something, they're just very small liquid-filled bumps. :/ Weeeeeird, but not horrible (so far). I noticed that for the first couple of days my stomach was a little irritated, but by now (day 6) everything's fine. In a way, I can't wait to get to the 20mg. But maybe I'll just get mild breakouts every time I up the dose and not get any killer side-effects, that'd be nice!

Hey there, I just started Accutane on Monday March 12th. I noticed by Thursday my nose became really red and sore around the sides. It still is a little sore today (Sat) but not as bad. I havent had any big breakouts since I started, still waiting for that :)

I have tried many many different medications before this. The latest was Minocin. Minocin took a huge toll on my body, I had diarrhea about 12 times a day. It was very awkward and embarrassing (especially at work). I had to keep making up the excuse that it must be something I ate (but I knew what it really was). I managed to stay on it for a couple weeks, but had to stop. I told my doc about it and he said that shouldnt happen. But its the exact thing that happened with the last drug I took (I cant remeber the name, but I think it was another "ocin" type). I just think my body rejects it.

Anyway, I hope accutane will have a different affect on my body...so far, so good.

Good luck to everyone out there!

M

(29, Male, Canada)

I was on minocylin too. It didn't give me stomach trouble but it gave me killer headaches. Good luck with accutane!!!

I started on the 9th. 40 mgs daily. The first few days I had some mild joint discomfort my legs achey and my hip hurt really badly but that has all subsided. I am beggining to notice some dryness of my face and lips and some rather noticable lethargy and sleeping oh my the sleeping 12 hours at a time and still utterly exhausted. lol but My face is looking better already no real break out except for 2 or 3 minor spots that poped up. Good luck everyone.

Ya Im feeling sorta tired too all the time.......I dont know if its the accutane tho or just me being lazy. But I could def. sleep all day if I had nothing going on, no problem.

aha wonderful, the familiar faces of the logs in one thread, lets keep this going shall we?

march 10th btw, 30mg first month..

going through a pretty horrendous cystic i.b... can't wait for it to subside.. BETTER OUT THAN IN THOUGH EH? in the long run.... :lol:

Dry skin has officially started!!! My nose is flaking along with my forehead, my lips are annoyingly chapped, my face is a little redder today than it has been and I have about 3 active cysts on my face...let the IB begin! I am also feeling pretty tired. I drag my butt out of bed at 5:40 to go to the gym and it has gotten harder to do that this past week plus my workouts are a little more sluggish than before.