Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my meow stuff came in yesterday. wow, their jars are huge!

i can see a difference in my face already. it seems like its healing up. i guess this means AN broke me out. weird. i never thought of myself as having sensitive skin, and i cant imagine a mineral makeup breaking someone out.

and i cant imagine a mineral makeup breaking someone out.

oh my! There's many of us here who can't tolerate mineral makeup.

I'm happy you found something you like though, good luck with it.

Guest Pieces Mended

It's good that you found a good product for you! How do you like it? Good coverage and all that?

^ bare minerals. ;)

I need to give my anti-BM speech now!!!

yes yes yes! followed by the "colorstay owns" speech? :dance:

BM little to no coverage foundation. Having to use a "regular" concealer underneath to achieve coverage defeats its purpose of being "pure." BM makes you look like a disco ball from all of the sparkle in it and it makes you greasy as the day goes on. It is itchy and dowright nasty. What can you expect when its initials are the same as a bowel movement? BM is far from the orgasmic experience of colorstay.

Ahh.....colorstay. It is orgasmic. It really does stick itself to your face, cover everything, look natural, and last all day. Once you try it and experience the extreme orgasmic contractions of your lower regions that is causes, you will not go back to anything else. Truly, it can induce extreme pleasure when you look in the mirror at 9 pm and that makeup you put on at 7 am still looks great. Oh! Oh! Oh!

coverage is pretty good. it definitly seems to be build-able. im using the mint green concealor from everyday minerals to go over the spots that i have, though.

yes, on my pampered puss foundation mica is listed as the first ingredient.

on aubrey nicole, my light cool full coverage has mica listed as the first ingredient, too. but for some reason the fairest light cool has it all the way down at number 7.

i guess ill never really know for sure if it was the AN makeup that broke me out or just a coincidence. trust me, i wish it werent cause i like AN a lot. ill still be ordering the premium buki and probably some skin care stuff from them.

Ahh.....colorstay. It is orgasmic. It really does stick itself to your face, cover everything, look natural, and last all day. Once you try it and experience the extreme orgasmic contractions of your lower regions that is causes, you will not go back to anything else. Truly, it can induce extreme pleasure when you look in the mirror at 9 pm and that makeup you put on at 7 am still looks great. Oh! Oh! Oh!

It's really that good?

I'm always afraid of products like that breaking me out. So far the only concealer that actually does a good job (that I've tried at least) is the Dermablend. But I look oily as the day goes on.

Come to think of it, I've yet to try something that I don't look oily in. Le sigh.

oooh I like the sound of this...where do you get it ( scuse me sounding dumb but Im new here!) I once tried BM- I had to use TONNES of it to get any kind of decent coverage, and my face itched and felt like Id had an overdose of Botox!

I did try Lily Lolo (UK)- and that was still pretty drying but much better- still had to use a tonne over scars tho.

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you found something that works. Yay!!

I'm still having issues with AN foundation as well. I think it might be the kaolin clay because that's the only different ingredient... *sigh*

It's too bad because I really love AN. I'm using Signature Minerals right now with good results, but per your experience, I'm going to order some Meow samples now.

I stopped using AN foundation about a week ago and I've been using EDM... it seems to be helping alot. Since you are also using EDM I assume it's not breaking you out... How does Meow compare with EDM for you?

yes, on my pampered puss foundation mica is listed as the first ingredient.

on aubrey nicole, my light cool full coverage has mica listed as the first ingredient, too. but for some reason the fairest light cool has it all the way down at number 7.

i guess ill never really know for sure if it was the AN makeup that broke me out or just a coincidence. trust me, i wish it werent cause i like AN a lot. ill still be ordering the premium buki and probably some skin care stuff from them.

wow... please do update after you've been on Meow for a while! as of the last couple of days, i actually have 1-2 large cyst-like pimples... and i'm wondering if they've been caused by AN. :shrug: i've been strongly considering Meow, and would definitely love to know if it turns out to be good (breakout-free) for you...

^ bare minerals. ;)

I need to give my anti-BM speech now!!!

yes yes yes! followed by the "colorstay owns" speech? :dance:

BM little to no coverage foundation. Having to use a "regular" concealer underneath to achieve coverage defeats its purpose of being "pure." BM makes you look like a disco ball from all of the sparkle in it and it makes you greasy as the day goes on. It is itchy and dowright nasty. What can you expect when its initials are the same as a bowel movement? BM is far from the orgasmic experience of colorstay.

lol .. but I do have a few objections to Revlon Colorstay. This has been my problem with all liquid foundations actually. 1) Looks great when first applied but after a feww hours my skin looked worse then it did without makeup. 2) waste of money because it all gets absorbed into the sponge and not really on your face. So eventually I started using my finger tips which saved me money but at the end of the day my skin jsut looked crappy.

I find that Mousse foundation is really really good I don't look like crap after a few hours compacts are good because you can re-apply them as often as needed.

I kind of want to try matte mouse foundation

i really liked it its expensive but lasts for months unlike liquids and compacts which atmost last a month. For me it had enough coverage and it was really light. IO just bought Rimmel 16HR Matte Mousse so I will have to post and let every1 know if it was worth the money. Rimmel's mousse doesn't have a smuch in it as the Maybelline one.