Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tomica

7th month - still on Accutane

I am very satisfied with my face!

If i will listen my dr. I should stop with taking pills, but I am on "only" 85 mg/kg.

I will proceed and stop when it will be 115 mg/kg, so it will be 270 days or excatly 9 months.

I want to know, how often people take so long pills like me?

My blood test is ok, even a better how it was before 3-4 months (because I do not drink alcohol anymore, but still drinking coke and eat fa(s)t food)

Not many people take courses that long simply because of the risk of women getting pregnant and the birth defects associated with accutane. As long as you reach a proper cumulative dose you should be fine. I would definitely go with what the derm says though, but that's just me. Good luck!

I am very satisfied with my face!

If i will listen my dr. I should stop with taking pills, but I am on "only" 85 mg/kg.

I will proceed and stop when it will be 115 mg/kg, so it will be 270 days or excatly 9 months.

I want to know, how often people take so long pills like me?

My blood test is ok, even a better how it was before 3-4 months (because I do not drink alcohol anymore, but still drinking coke and eat fa(s)t food)

I thought the minimum cumulative dose was 120-150mg/kg..... If you are not going to reach this, I would guess it's pointless to continue. How about upping your dosage to shorten your time on tane?