Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katerina.

Accutane or Generic?

So I finally went to pick up my prescription today and they gave me Claravis(sp?). I only had to pay $15 for it cuz the insurance covered it. I told them I didn't want the generic and that I wanted Accutane, so my dad ended up having to pay $715.05 for the Accutane. Other then price is there any other differences? IDK I just feel like Accutane will do a better job??

Whoa thats alot of money. My derm old me she prefers the name brand over generics because she has had better success with it, whatever that means. IM lucky because my insurance pays for it but she said if it didnt shed ok the generic, so it must not be that big of a deal.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE between Accutane or Claravis, Sotret, etc. It's all Isotretinoin. Save your money (well, your dad's) and go for the generic. I'm using Claravis and it's working great.

Yyyyyyyyyyyeah... .I would have had the pharmacist personally kiss my butt to get me to pay $715 for the brand-name stuff. I took amnesteem and sotret. 8.5 months later, I have only had like ... 2 zits. Don't spend that much money on it, that's ridiculous.

They are all the exact same medication. I take Sotret. It costs $298.00 at my local rite aid for 30 day supply of 30mg pills. Hope this helps!

It's the same for most people, but there are some rare case where brand name will react stronger on certain people. I'm one of them, so I'm sticking with brand name.

ARGH. What were you thinking?! It's the exact same chemical! Roche doesn't have magical fairy powers that they instill into the isotretinoin to make it work better! Unless you're a millionaire, you should be ashamed that you made your parents pay over 700 bucks for the same thing.

Everytime I read one of these posts I lose faith in the human race. Do you people not know what generic means??

ARGH. What were you thinking?! It's the exact same chemical! Roche doesn't have magical fairy powers that they instill into the isotretinoin to make it work better! Unless you're a millionaire, you should be ashamed that you made your parents pay over 700 bucks for the same thing.

Everytime I read one of these posts I lose faith in the human race. Do you people not know what generic means??

When it comes to prescription drugs the "knock-offs" aren't what you would think. They have to be approved by the FDA and all that stuff. It will work no matter what it is. Just next month get the other stuff and buy a new purse or something.