Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mells

Lac-Hydrin 5

Does Lac Hydrin 5 Moisturizer leave your skin shiny looking, i know i used Am-Lactin before and it made my skin shine like a mirror. Any advice as i would love to start using that for better moisturization as well as the exfoliation factor. Thanks!

Mells.

If I remember right, Am-Lactin has some mineral oil in it. Lac-Hydrin is oil-free so probably less shine.

I just use a tiny bit, like a pea-sized blob and mix it with a bit of water to thin it out, then apply it. It isn't very shiny unless you put on alot, but it isn't totally shine free either.

The least shiny moisturizer I've used, I think, would be Complex 15.

I just cant make up my mind if i should use lac hydrin or complex 15. What would you reccommend if i have flaky/dry skin because of regime and redmarks. Also, i would like the least amount of shine as possible.

I just cant make up my mind if i should use lac hydrin or complex 15. What would you reccommend if i have flaky/dry skin because of regime and redmarks. Also, i would like the least amount of shine as possible.

I'd rather only buy one, especially because i want one that works all the time.Sounds like lac hydrin would be the right move, as long as i dont get shine. If so, ill switch to Complex 15.

You won't get much shine with Complex 15, but it really doesn't take care of flaking very well.

LHF will take care of the flaking and help with the redmarks as well, but may be a bit more shiny than C15. Just use a small amount though and it won't be hardly shiny at all. And yea, it does sting a bit especially if you have sensitive skin.

But, like CAKD said above, perhaps try them both and see which you like, or alternate them.

for a time i used complex 15 in the morning and lac hydrin 5 at night. while neither left my skin shiny the complex 15 wasn't moisturizing enough for me and left my skin flaky. i switched to cetaphil moisturizer in the morning and lac hydrin 5 at night.

on days i don't go out during the day I will use lac hydrin 5 in the morning as well as at night.