Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been off accutane for about 3 weeks and during those weeks I've gotten 7 or 8 stys! Now acne was pretty hard to handle but a little makeup here and there and I was fairly good to go, but these stys are pretty gross and block my vision a little and hurt. The doctor says there is nothing you can do but hot soaks. Anyone have experiences like this? Know how to fix it?

So I've been off accutane for about 3 weeks and during those weeks I've gotten 7 or 8 stys! Now acne was pretty hard to handle but a little makeup here and there and I was fairly good to go, but these stys are pretty gross and block my vision a little and hurt. The doctor says there is nothing you can do but hot soaks. Anyone have experiences like this? Know how to fix it?

I guess I can only offer some general advice since this hasn't happened to me (and I really hope it doesn't, that sounds so painful and frustrating!). Generally stys are blocked tear ducts or follicles in your eyelid. I'm guessing that they're part of your oil production going back into higher gear, and maybe dried gunk in your eyes. I would suggest, before going to bed, gently washing your eyes with tepid chamomile tea and maybe soaking your eyes a bit in general, then rinsing with cold, clean water, and repeating that in the morning. That should help keep the area gently debrided. Hope it helps!