Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl smooth

So There's Not Really Anything You Can Do About Up-and-Coming Pimples, Right?

When I see that new pimple just starting to form, and when I'm about to go to bed and you see that little red spot that you know is gonna be a pimple in the morning.....

There's nothing to really stop it, is there?

I've tried stopping it with tea tree. I've tried stopping those up-and-comers by icing it and loading mass amounts of BP on it. But it doesn't seem to stop the formation of the actual pimple.

Is there nothing we can do other than just watching it grow, form, peak, and eventually die?

This was the case for me before starting CSR. Now that I treat my skin nightly with BP and moisturizer, if and when I do get these kind of pimples, the turn around is much quicker on them. They are usually dried up and healing within a day or two. When I was using Proactiv I know that the sulfur mask would dry them pretty quickly too but since being here on this website I have learned that sulfur dries your face out and overly dry skin can cause more breakouts. I wouldnt recommend Proactiv products or sulfur masks to anyone. What are you using on your skin as of now? If you are using BP, are you using it religiously? Are you using a SA product? Which ever one you are using, if its not working after you tried using it religiously then try using the other one. Some people have success with BP and those who didnt had success with a SA. Be patient and try diffferent things but always make sure you give a product at least 4-6 weeks to work unless of course you are having a bad reaction to it like irritation. Good Luck! Lorrie

When I see that new pimple just starting to form, and when I'm about to go to bed and you see that little red spot that you know is gonna be a pimple in the morning.....

There's nothing to really stop it, is there?

I've tried stopping it with tea tree. I've tried stopping those up-and-comers by icing it and loading mass amounts of BP on it. But it doesn't seem to stop the formation of the actual pimple.

Is there nothing we can do other than just watching it grow, form, peak, and eventually die?

Yeah, that zeno thing actually works. I've only used it a couple times cause I'm not into the whole burning the shit out of your zits :P, but it does indeed work. Watch out for scarring though.

I've tried masks, BP of varying strengths, ice, and toothpaste over the years. I think a large % of BP has been the only thing that helped, if I globbed on a whole bunch of 5% or 10% before bed while the spots were small, it's kept them down. Once they reach a certain size, though, it's like nothing you can do can reverse them, you really have to catch them early!

Only thing that (sort of ) works for me is I have several tubes of the sulfer mask from Proactive from when I used to use it - it came with the kit. It's horrible as a full face mask but makes a great spot treatment. I put that on over night on spots i feel comming. Get 50-50 results.. sometimes they shrink and in a day or two are gone... sometime it seems to do nothing and i get a huge zit that lasts two weeks.

Only thing that (sort of ) works for me is I have several tubes of the sulfer mask from Proactive from when I used to use it - it came with the kit. It's horrible as a full face mask but makes a great spot treatment. I put that on over night on spots i feel comming. Get 50-50 results.. sometimes they shrink and in a day or two are gone... sometime it seems to do nothing and i get a huge zit that lasts two weeks.

Try using ice on the spot for a few minutes. It helps keep down swelling and reduces redness. It sometimes even prevents the spot from developing at all. Try using the ice in the evening and also in the morning.