Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Pieces Mended

Favorite Beauty Mags?

Guest Pieces Mended

Most people really love Cosmo, and I do, but I have to say that Glamour and Allure are better.

Your opinion?

I like Elle and sometimes Vogue for inspiration. Or even Elle Girl or Teen Vogue cuz they sometimes show more realistic clothes/makeup (although I am not a teenager...is it wrong to just flip through them? :D).

Allure is really the most beauty focused mag, as far as cosmetic products, they seem to really dissect them the most.

Guest Pieces Mended

I totally forgot InStyle, I like that too.

ALLURE!!!

ELLE!!!

COSMOPOLITAN!!!

and sometimes Glamour..i think i base that on who is on the cover....im sad i havent had time to look at my allure and cosmo mag yet. :(

Guest Aloetta
Cosmo is about sex, allure is all about beauty.

wow, lots of responses. so do you guys have subscriptions to these magazines? or just buy them once in a while, like in the airport? or just flip through them in stores or something?

i became an airport-level buyer in the last couple of years... but it's still pretty rare. actually, when i think about it, i guess i'm mostly a doctor's office magazine thief these days. :shifty:

I have a subscription to Oxygen Magazine. It's a bodybuilding and fitness magazine for women-it gives me ideas for training, eating healthy and teaching.

I used to like Cosmo and Allure and stuff but my b/f is a brainiac and refuses to spend money on "trash" magazines (I somewhat agree but I read them whenever I get the chance-dr's office, gym ,etc.)

Guest Aloetta

Well it started w/ me when I was at a doctor's office... actually I believe some DERM..

and I skimmed through a COSMO and loved it... after that I jotted or tore pages I liked or asked the receptionist if I could take it..

My sister also tried to cheer me up when I was at home ( homebound) w/ my ACNE :comfort: and tried to soothe me w/ certain treats and MAG's were one of them.... Yes, got them Every Month after-that... ( I used to love those FACIAL TIPS)...

It has been years since I purchased one... perhaps over 20 years now...