Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

I'm sorry, but I can't see where Retin-A will eat icepicks

I really want to believe that Retin-A Micro Gel will fade/devour icepicks and other indentations, but I am skeptical. HOW can it do this? If it peels skin, won't it also peel the indented scars and icepicks, making them deeper? (They are already lower than the rest of the skin's surface!) I know about the collagen boost that is credited to prolonged use of Retin-A, but how can the collagen ever fill in if we are constantly peeling/lowering the epidermis?

I spend a lot for my prescription to the Micro Gel (almost 100 bucks a tube) and I want to believe it's helping with my scars as I no longer have active acne.

My experience has been that you oughta damage the pit first with needling or tca. Retin A seems to help with the filling-in process but not without breaking up or melting the scar tissue first.

Keep in mind John that since it hasn't been a year since you've been off Accutane, your skin is very different than skin that hasn't been treated with Accutane. Accutane treated skin seems a bit more resistant to treatment. This fades with time, but I even believe that after 1 year, your skin is still resitant to treatment.

Not trying to depress you or anything, but it's true.

I can handle it, Denise, and I appreciate your response. Back to The Waiting Game...

Zzzzzzz...it's always somethin'. ](*,)

Do you think that healing indents that haven't formed permanent scar tissue still need needling or TCA? Or would retin A alone suffice?

Johnnery: From the reading I have done, the most likely ingredient to fade/devour indentations is Alpha Lipoic Acid.

From what I have read Retin-A helps to peel the skin and keeps the cell turnover rapid.

Johnnery: From the reading I have done, the most likely ingredient to fade/devour indentations is Alpha Lipoic Acid.

from what i remember there are bald ala's and good ala's, i don't remember which one is good or bad though!! anyone know?