Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turbojet

Why does it stop working?

OK, so an article was written in the San Diego Union Tribune (an article in which Dan was mentioned...as well as this site, of course) and within the article it mentions that product such as Proactiv eventually stop working....why??? I used proactiv when I was 17 until I was about 18 or 19 and it did stop working...then I tried various other products, and now I'm back to using proactiv (in conjunction with using clindamycin every other day in the morning or night (never both)) and it appears to be helping. Anyway, I know MANY people here are not fans of the skin care line, however, does anyone know why the stuff stops working? It contains bp......???

Just curious...

Perhaps it didn't stop working, perhaps your body chemistry changed, or the functioning of it, causing even more reasons for acne to develop?

its not the product, its you. your body can become immune to things. i wouldn't put my life on it but its very possible you've grown immune to it somehow.. just like a bad cold virus loses its effect after you've had it.

that may be right. i remember when I was in high school and I had a little bit of acne, my cousin said 'hey try rubbing apple cidar vinegar on your face everyday.' so I tried it and I swear my acne cleared up for six months. not one pimple, before the scars, just beautiful skin. so...I stopped using it cause I figured I was done with acne (I was so naive). then in college when my face broke out a bit worse, rubbing the apple cidar vinegar on it didnt' do a thing. its weird how our body works, but i think i just became immune to it. not that I'm a scientist or anything, but maybe thats true.

OK, so an article was written in the San Diego Union Tribune (an article in which Dan was mentioned...as well as this site, of course) and within the article it mentions that product such as Proactiv eventually stop working....why??? I used proactiv when I was 17 until I was about 18 or 19 and it did stop working...then I tried various other products, and now I'm back to using proactiv (in conjunction with using clindamycin every other day in the morning or night (never both)) and it appears to be helping. Anyway, I know MANY people here are not fans of the skin care line, however, does anyone know why the stuff stops working? It contains bp......???

Just curious...

maybe the bacteria gets use to the BP and gets stronger and learns how to fight the BP over the years of use. i dont know for sure. but what i do know is that clindamycin lotion is amazing. just wondering how come you dont use it morning and night? cuz i dont either i just wanna know why you dont.