Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turbojet

Soo...uhh...Dan....I saw your article...

My mom saved the article recently featured in our San Diego Union Tribune (Health section)....very cool. I think it's absolutley wonderful what you've done to help so many people.........

Take care ~

There was an article in the San Diego Union Tribune? lol. They never told me. But that is very cool.

I think it's the article that was in the SF Chronicle a while back and was picked up by a news service.

LOL, they didn't even tell you? Well, that's the San Diego Union Tribune for ya....anyway, I thought it was very cool.

I find it funny that they kind of got The Regimen wrong. In the article they say:

"Frustrated, Kern recalled that benzoyl peroxide – generous applications of high concentrations – was the only treatment that consistently cleared his skin. Studies show that benzoyl peroxide kills 99.6 percent of bacteria on skin."

Odd, I thought The Regimen was centered on generous applications of LOW concentrations. lol

But later in the article, they got it right when referring to treatments:

"The two antibacterial products are salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Studies prove the 2.5 percent version of the latter is as effective as 5 percent, without the over-drying."

Just found that funny as I read it. I also like how they did not tell Dan about this. Those crazy journalists. ;-)

Yeah my esthetician (Laura Cooksey) is also quoted in that article. It was originally printed in the Contra Costa times last Nov. There are several versions of the article floating around - some newspapers have edited out some parts of it. (I was also interviewed by the reporter and was quoted in the original CC times article about my experiences with Laura's clinic). The article was actually picked up all across the country - not just in CA. I'm surprised to see it make a reappearance so long after the original - most other papers picked it up within the first month of publication.