Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Snow_Queen

For Anyone Familiar With Jane Iredale Makeup

Hey everyone. My makeup artistry class is using Jane Iredale makeup, but some of the products tend to look cakey (especially the cream concealers we used) whenever my classmates or myself apply them. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this problem and if anyone can recommend any specific Jane Iredale products she (or he?) likes that apply well(the school doesn't carry every Jane Iredale product, but it does carry most of them).

Hey everyone. My makeup artistry class is using Jane Iredale makeup, but some of the products tend to look cakey (especially the cream concealers we used) whenever my classmates or myself apply them. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this problem and if anyone can recommend any specific Jane Iredale products she (or he?) likes that apply well(the school doesn't carry every Jane Iredale product, but it does carry most of them).

I use Jane Iredale's loose powder. my dermatologist's office gave me a free makeover using ALL of her products, and the only thing I liked was the loose powder. I use the lightest shade (ivory something or other) and i use two brushes: one big brush to get a full layer on my entire face and then a small pointed brush to use more as a concealer. I get a small bit on the brush and dab it on my blemishes.

what I really like about it is that it really gets rid of redness. since i have more acne scars than pimples, it makes them practically invisible when im wearing it. it doesn't do a good job of making actually bumps look like they've disappeared though.... but i don't know what does really.

bad thing is its kind of expensive. it should last me at least a couple of months. I only use it for more special occasions since it's around 40$... too expensive for me to refill once a month!

I tried the liquid base foundation and the compact powder and both looked MUCH cakier and really showcased any lines/crevaces!

Hope this info helps!!

My dermatologist reccomended this make up line to me. She said she uses it herself so i gave it a shot. I use the compact powder in Ivory. I like the coverage it gives. Ive been using it for about 2 months now and I dont really have any complaints except for the fact of how expensive it is! 40 bucks for one! eeek lol. Besides that though, I'm satisfied with it :D

A clinic I visit uses JI, and I was offered to have it put on, as my face had turned a nasty red color after a treatment I had, so I said yeah.

I thought it looked cakey and fake. I think it was very shiney - perhaps because of mica?

Anyways, I won't buy it, even though I have to order my minerals over the internet.

Hi SnowQueen. I have had excellent success with the Jane Iredale products I use. After using Cetaphil cleanser and then the moisturizing cream I apply a Circle Delete 1 to under the eyes and to cover blemishes..then I apply the Latte Covercare...and then pure pressed powder followed by their bronzer...A little bit goes along way and I find if you moisturize prior to applying then it doesnt look cakey at all...if one has blemishes though and they apply with no moisturizer..it will look cakey.

Gnight from Canada

Went to a spa for a facial and asked the aesthetician what whe thought of mineral makeup. SHe raved about J.I. - apparently there is a JI line formulated specifically for the spa (Elizabeth Grady). SO after my facial (which was wonderful) she applied the makeup. SHe was oohing and ahhing about how great it looked on my skin. Gads! It made my pores look HUGE - which is my main gripe about mineral makeup to begin with. It was the compact mineral makeup. Maybe that has something to do with it, but I'm coming to the conclusion that mineral makeup is not for me (she did all sorts of buffing and concealing,as she is also a makeup artist, but I was just not impressed) INteresting to note though that when my mom saw me she commented on how good my skin looked (despite the huge pores!). Maybe the lady at the spa is right...people look at the tone of your skin before they look at the imperfections. COuld this be?

My sister and I went to a skincare academy for a makeover where they used JI on us. I really liked the pressed base and one of the concealers...I'm not sure what it was called but it was the one for covering blemished, not the under eye one or whatever. Although I do think it had a tendency to make me look a bit washed out