Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joylovepeace

Question for animegirle re; makeup for pits

Hello

Your skin looks quite flawless in your pictures and I was wondering if you could give information about what you use topically or as a foundation to get that flawless look (or are your scars so shallow they dont show up in pics?).

Also does anyone else know what to use to fill in a pit temporally? I once read about some kind of glue stick and also about the instant wrinkle removers; has anyone tried either of these?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment! My scars are not terribly deep, but I do have a few ice picks.

I use Shiseido's Matte Veil first on my skin, then MAC Matte Cream (it is a silicone based primer)

Then, if needed Ben Nye Mellow Yellow Concealer (it is film-grade so it is highly pigmented)

Followed by Colortration Foundation (this is highly pigmented and concentrated, I have to mix it with either the MAC primer or a little moisturizer)

I use Prescriptives Custom Blended loose powder and NARS loose if needed.

After everything is said and done if I need to fill in a pitted area I use Prescriptives Line Smoother and a very small paint brush and dot a little bit to smooth over the pitted area.

Works like a charm and lasts for a pretty long time. I have been doing that for years, over all kinds of foundations!. Be sure to do it after you powder or you will be left with little dots!

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else if you need 2!

Prescriptives Line Smoother is really great. Be sure to use a good, small, sable hair eyeshadow brush that is slightly pointed to fill in pits. I really like Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target. Her small eyeshadow brush that is small and has a slight rounded point (it's for contouring in the crease of the lid) is really great, and is a sable hair brush. Don't let Prescriptives sell you their more expensive brush.

It's a great product.

Hi animegirle,

What do you think works the best for you as far as covering scars and red marks?

Hey animegirl and denise2,

This may be a dumb question, but when you do the final step of using the pointed brush do you dip it into foundation that matches your skin type for the color?

Thanks!!

Hi Lisa,

The things that I cannot live without, for the moment are:

MAC matte primer...it is called MAC matte creme, but it is a clear gel

Ben Nye concealers: I use Mellow Yellow (the lightest one) and Corvette coverup (the lightest one) They are highly pigmented and I find they cover pretty well without looking too cakey or mask-like. These work really well for me and have not caused any breakouts....plus the price is right!

Shiseido makes a Pureness mattifying stick to be used under makeup that also works well in smoothing over the skin. I have been using their mattifying veil, but I have a feeling it may be causing me a few breakouts...ugh!! #-o

If I have some redness in an area to coverup, sometimes I will use Physician's Formula Green POWDER concealer...just a few dabs before the Ben Nye concealer.

Then the Prescriptives Line Smoother for touch-ups!

It really comes down to experimenting and seeing what works best for you. I wish there was a magic product that you could prime your skin w/ and give it a totally flawless look.....sigh....someday! 8-[ [-o<

Please feel free to email me or post if you have anymore ?'s!!!

Hey animegirl and denise2,

This may be a dumb question, but when you do the final step of using the pointed brush do you dip it into foundation that matches your skin type for the color?  

Thanks!!

Rock; you use the Prescriptives Line Smoother ON TOP of your foundation. You apply all your make-up and the line smoother is the last thing you use on top of everything (except powder).

Thanks a bunch for your advice!!

I'm a guy and I may sound a bit naive when it comes to this stuff.

one last question-this presc line smoother only comes in a clear color? I could not find a color on www.gloss.com I have indian-asian skin and my pits are darker than my surrounding healthy skin so if it is clear then i must apply a dab of skin tone matching concealor or foundation on top of the line smoother to match my skin color as anime you mentioned? I trying to make sure it looks natural as possible without anything put on my face.

Hello, could anyone tell me exactly how to use the vinegar method, and also exactly what the pure demming gel does and where i could buy it?

thanks!! smile.gif

animegirle, thank you so much for the details.

I thought you were going to say "I just use a light coat of mineral makeup" or something simple since it looks so natural. It seems like quite a process. I dont have any makeup application experience do you think I could get it looking as good as yours easily? How long does it take you?

Also from your pics it does not look like thick makeup, do you feel like its thick once you get all of those layers on?

Is there one product I can use on just filling in /covering pits with out having to put foundation and other allover products on?

Sorry about all of the questions

Hi Joylovepeace,

I have been doing this for so long it's down to a science...lol. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to apply the makeup. It's hard for me to judge if it feels heavy, I am so used to the feeling.

There are products out there that can minimize the looks of the scarring, to some extent, without foundation. Now whether this is enough coverage and how long it would stay is another story. Clinique's Pore Perfector (comes in light and dark), MAC matte cream (a clear silicone gel) and Prescriptives Line Smoother (a Clear silicone gel) are hands down the best I have ever tried.

Most days I use Shiseido Pureness Mattifying stick (to cut down on the oilies), a little dab of the Clinique pore perfector where needed, a little mac where needed, concealer and then foundation. I was really liking the Colortration foundation, but I think it caused some breakouts, so I have switched to Lancome's Teint Idole. That is the foundation that I am wearing in the close-up pictures on my site. I am a makeup junkie, so I have tried tons of foundations. Lancome and Prescriptives have been pretty good to me over the years. I have to set w/ powder or I turn into an oil slick.

It basically comes down to experimenting and finding what you are most comfortable with. If you have anymore questions please ask!! Have a great day!

Thank you dearly! I hope that I can get samples of everything and try before I buy. I really think your scars must be very shallow because I looked again at your pics and would say you look "model" perfect. Really appriciate the advice please post if you find some other makeup you prefer. And may I ask how you can about to find the right products? I cant spend a fortune just trying things out.

Oh you're welcome!! smile.gif

Have you looked at the reviews over at Makeup Alley? It is a community where anyone can go and read and/or post reviews of makeup, skincare, etc. It is free to register and well worth a look. I learned about products from this site that I did not even know existed. It is located at http://www.makeupalley.com Register and then head over to Productville and have fun searching!

Another good thing is to ask for samples. Most counters are happy to oblige. You might even want to pick up some of the little makeup travel containers and keep a clean one in your purse. If you go to a counter, and they don't have anything to give you a sample in, you have your container handy.

Also make sure you find out the return policy. I have taken back TONS of products that have not worked and/or broken me out.

Maquicontrole by Lancome also gives good coverage, it was a little too drying for my skin, but I never had any trouble with breakouts.

I have never really been able to use drugstore brands, they always seemed to either break me out or cause an allergic reaction. With that said, at Makeup Alley there are reviews for these foundations that might be an option for you. Keep me posted and feel free to drop me a line if needed!! biggrin.gif/