Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slafavers

Oily skin and the regimen

Hi there, for those of you with combo/oily skin, which moisturizer do you find is the best (i.e. doesn't turn into grease within a few hours)?

I was using the neutrogena, but decided to try the Eucerin Renewal for the AHA...and my skin is much greasier today than ever w/the neutrogena oil-free. Heard good things from people w/oily skin about the olay complete as well, any comments?

i've found that buy using the moisturizer like soap after cleaning your skin works well... more or less wash ur face, then gently massage the moisturizer into your face w/a little bit of water and rinse it all off. then apply bp or whatever. if you are still flaky in certain spots add a little bit of moisturizer, as small an amount as possible and rub it in w/wet fingers. this sometimes causes clumping w/bp or white residue. just let it dry and then wipe it off as best as you can, using more water if u need. i used to slob moisturizer all over my face on top of bp leaving myself looking like a greaseball(i have really oily skin too), but by doing it this way i dont even have to use any moisturizer on top of the bp. the bp is a really good oil absorber, and my face looks fine throughout the day (except my nose that i rinse w/water if i have to) oh ya, its normal if ur face feels a little dry right after applying bp w/no moisturizer on top but after a few minutes you should be fine, and if not, or u have flakes, just use a little bit of moisturizer and u'll be fine.

That's a good idea...I didn't think about that. I decided to try a lighter soap than purpose -- using cetaphil gentle cleanser in the morning and cetaphil oily cleanser at night -- my skin may be over compensating for the drying effects of both the BP and the purpose bar.