Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickC84

Punch Techniques??

Has anyone got punch technigues done on there pitted deep scars? I just read it on acne.org under scar treatments. The types of scars I have are from cystic acne. The main areas I have these scars are on the side of my neck under my ear and behind the neck just under my hairline. Is it to good to be true it says 50 bucks per punch? My scars are a little deeper then a chicken pox scar...

Thanks

Nick

Has anyone got punch technigues done on there pitted deep scars? I just read it on acne.org under scar treatments. The types of scars I have are from cystic acne. The main areas I have these scars are on the side of my neck under my ear and behind the neck just under my hairline. Is it to good to be true it says 50 bucks per punch? My scars are a little deeper then a chicken pox scar...

Thanks

Nick

I just had a punch graph(same as hair transplant technique) on an ice pic about 5 weeks ago. It completely replaces the hole, but now it is a bump. I am told it is essentially a 2 step process. 1. get the graph | 2. wait 6 weeks for spot dermabrasion on the bump to "sand" it down flat. I am only finished with step 1, and will do step 2 in about 10 days, and my prediction is that it will look extremely good after spot dermabrasion on the graph site(eg bump). Even at this mid-way point like I am, I still favor the slight bump over the hole any day of the week, but you really will need the dermabrasion after to bring it in to its own and polish it up properly.

tkefsc,

Would you mind sharing the name/location of the doctor who is doing your punch graph and dermabrasion? Also, I'd love to hear how your graph/dermabrasion continues to heal. (I've tried asking some doctors in my area (NY/NJ) about the procedure you described, but haven't yet found one who does it.) Best wishes.

- dance

I just had a punch graph(same as hair transplant technique) on an ice pic about 5 weeks ago. It completely replaces the hole, but now it is a bump. I am told it is essentially a 2 step process. 1. get the graph | 2. wait 6 weeks for spot dermabrasion on the bump to "sand" it down flat. I am only finished with step 1, and will do step 2 in about 10 days, and my prediction is that it will look extremely good after spot dermabrasion on the graph site(eg bump). Even at this mid-way point like I am, I still favor the slight bump over the hole any day of the week, but you really will need the dermabrasion after to bring it in to its own and polish it up properly.
tkefsc,

Would you mind sharing the name/location of the doctor who is doing your punch graph and dermabrasion? Also, I'd love to hear how your graph/dermabrasion continues to heal. (I've tried asking some doctors in my area (NY/NJ) about the procedure you described, but haven't yet found one who does it.) Best wishes.

- dance

I go to a dr. in pittsburgh, however I do not think it is an especially rare or unique technique. Many plastic surgeons have this in their toolbox I would imagine. It took me 19 days to heal from start to finish. Right now it is like having a permanent pimple(bump) at the donation site, so I am still upset about that, but they assure me this is easily fixed with dermabrasion. I will refrain from commenting on this until after I do it, so by the end of march or something I should have a good idea of how effective dermabrasion is on the bump. At this point, I have simply traded a hole for a bump, with the understanding that dermabrasion is needed to eliminate the pimple bump effect. Call dr.s who do hair transplants(hair plugs). Any dr. who does this(hair plugs), can do a punch graph on a scar as it is the exact same thing minus the hair. NY/jersey should have no shortage of dr.s whom do this!

Thanks, tkefsc. Good luck with your dermabrasion!

- dance

Call dr.s who do hair transplants(hair plugs). Any dr. who does this(hair plugs), can do a punch graph on a scar as it is the exact same thing minus the hair. NY/jersey should have no shortage of dr.s whom do this!