Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joylovepeace

Topical Pycnogenol for scars?

Has anyone tried topical pycnogenol for their scars?

Derma-E makes a gel with pycnogenol and allantoin which I think might help scars. I have read that pycnogenol is great for undereye circles so I am thinking of purchasing it anyway. What do you think?

Derma e Pycnogenol Eye Gel with Green Tea Extract

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...x=29384&tab=0#0

ingredients:Purified Water, Witch Hazel Extract, Pycnogenol, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerine, Allantoin, Panthenol, Carbomer 940, TEA, Methylparaben

Looked up Pycnogenol on Cosmeticscop.com. Here's what it says:

"pycnogenol. There is a great deal of research on pycnogenol, a plant-derived substance found in everything from pine bark to apples, cocoa beans, unripe strawberries, peanut skin, grape seeds, and red wine. However, most of the research dates back to 1990 and earlier (Source: U.S. Patent No. 4,698,360 entitled "Plant Extract with a Proanthocyanidins Content as Therapeutic Agent Having Radical Scavenging Effect and Use Thereof"). There are studies supporting the notion that pycnogenol is a potent antioxidant with strong free-radical-scavenging properties (Source: Free Radical Biology and Medicine, September 1999, pages 704–724). However, there isn't any research showing that it will have any effect on wrinkles. See antioxidant."