Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorrie

Lorrie's Log

I updated my signature to show the changes I made in my regimen. Back when I was sick I stopped taking my supplements. I was having horrible stomach problems and decided to cut everything out. I will eventually start the supplements again but I am going to make some changes in what I take. As soon as I decide what I am changing I will update my signature to show that.

Day 81 of DKR and Day 57 of BHA

I applied the BHA heavy tonight. I dont know about this new regimen I am trying. I am nervous about only applying the BP once a day. I am afraid I will have a backlash from my face not constantly being protected by the BP. The first sign of a breakout and I am back to using the BP 2x daily. I will also try applying the BHA 2x daily instead of only once daily if I am forced to try something different.

Everything is still drying up from the recent breakout. My skin looks absolutely horrible today but it was a stressful day and its now almost 3am. I dont think anyones skin would look good after a day like I had so I wont complain. No new spots today and tons of comedones still hangin out partying.

Day 82 of DKR and Day 58 of BHA

Nothin new. Skin is still clearing up. Some comedones are surfacing but still plenty hangin out.

Day 83 of DKR and Day 59 of BHA

Its a little too soon to tell but I think CoolasKim was right on track. I have been applying the BHA once a day and the BP once a day in large amounts but at different times. I have comedones surfacing and disappearing. This might be the breakthru I have been looking for. Keeping my fingers crossed. No new spots today and everything still healing.

Day 85 of DKR and Day 61 of BHA

I have a couple inflamed comedones along my jawline today. Looks pretty bad. I dont know if I can continue to use the BP just once a day. I'll give it a couple more days and if the breakout continues then I'll go back to using the BP twice a day and the BHA once a day, maybe twice. Maybe I'll give it til the end of this coming week just in case it is a purge.

I need to order more BP soon. My tube is getting low. Damn!

Day 86 of DKR and Day 62 of BHA

Okay I cant handle this. I have a cyst on my neck for the first time in over a month and I have more inflamed comedones today. I have no choice but to go back to using the BP twice a day. I am going to try using the BHA twice a day also and see what happens then. I am running out of combinations to try. This is the last combination left before I try a new product.

I wish like hell I could afford the green cream or mandelic acid but since thats totally not an option I guess I'll start looking into AHA's.

Day 87 of DKR and Day 63 of BHA

This should be my clear week, the week or two after my cycle. I AM NOT CLEAR! My jawline, chin and area around mouth is exploding with zits. Most of them are comedones that have become infected and inflamed. I dont know WTF is going on.

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well right now. Maybe the DKR isn't a strong enough regimen for your skin? Have you considered trying a 5% BP for awhile to see if that helps at all?

Thanks Willow! Since this breakout may have been self induced by switching around my regimen, I am not quite ready to take a drastic step by increasing the % of BP just yet. I am just trying to get thru this with minimal damage to my skin. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The inflamed spots are going down finally. Only 3 are still really visible. I have some very large comedones hangin out on my jawline that I am praying are not gonna get inflamed. Everything above my jawline looks great. Minimal comedones and tone is improving every day. I am beginning to wonder if the breakout on my jawline and chin wasnt a purge from increasing the amount of BHA. It would be awesome if I woke up one day this week and found my skin to be completely clear.

Depending on how much time I have after I shower for work, this is what I am currently doing. I am definitely using the BP 2x daily no matter what. When I have the time I am using the BHA 2x daily also. If I dont have time then I am just using the BHA at night but I am using a large amount of it if I didnt use it that morning. If this breakout clears up with no more inflamed bullshit then I will change my signature. Hopefully by Monday my skin will be cleared up. Oh great! I just remember that I am due for my cycle next weekend. I'll be clear for a week just to fuckin start all over again! :wall:

Day 90 of the DKR and Day 66 of BHA

Well today is the 3 month mark of using the DKR. I am not where I was 3 months ago but still not where I want to be. These poor kids that come here and think this is gonna work in a week or two are hurtin. Most of them dont have the patience to do the regimen 3 weeks let alone 3 months.

I might have figured out why my skin never cleared up from my last hormonal breakout and even got worse than usual. The first day of my last cycle was 20 days ago. I just started my cycle again today. My hormones are reeking havoc on my skin. My skin never got the chance to recooperate from my last breakout before the next one started. Its no wonder my skin looked like shit last week.

Today I have tons of comedones along my jawline. One of them became inflamed and infected overnight last night. Its ugly today. I have a few that are still drying up and a couple scabs. Cheeks ,forehead and nose are still free of active acne but theres some comedones.

I asked TsunAmi what product made the biggest impact on her hormonal breakouts and she said the Aleve. I am going to start keeping better track of my cycles and take the Aleve starting during ovulation. I'll take one Aleve during ovulation and two during my cycle. Since my cycle started early this month I started taking two today and will continue until my cycle ends. I am doubtful that something so simple could make that much of a difference but I dont have anything to lose so we shall see.

This week has been very stressful. My teenage son is adding alot of stress to my already stressful job. I wont go into details but its worse than the usual teenage rebellion stuff that they go through. I was so stressed out this week that I cussed my boss out and then I cussed her boss out. Its a wonder that I am not unemployed on top of everything else. Thankfully they know what is going on in my life and must have some sympathy for me. I need to eat some humble pie and call them Monday morning and apoligize, not for being angry but for how I handled it. :doh: Being me sucks sometimes!

Day 91 of DKR and Day 67 of BHA

Jawline is clearing up except a large inflamed spot on my left side. Its trying to go down but its takin its sweet time. Right jawline has some scabs and a couple large comedones but nothing new today. Rest of face is clear and looks great except my eyebrows need waxed. LOL

I took Aleve last night, this mornin and this evening. I will continue doing this until my cycle is over. I am still doubtful and hopeful at the same time about that makin a difference. I guess only time will tell.

I found an ovulation calendar to help track when I am ovulating. I am trying to figure out if its ovulation or my actual cycle that is causing the monthly breakouts. This shit is confusing because my cycles are so irregular. One month I have 21 day cycles and the next its 28 days. At this rate I will be taking Aleve 3 weeks out of the month. Thats not good. I'll end up with stomach bleeding at that rate. I have to figure something out because obviously using a calender to track it is not the answer.

I havent been using the moisturizer every night. My skin doesnt look any worse for it. I am watchin it closely though. I dont want to dry it out and break out as a result.

I saw something pretty disheartening tonight. I saw a 60+ yr old lady with a pimple on her nose. Are you frickin kiddin me?! She is still gettin zits at over 60yrs old. Thats bullshit. That means there is no hope for me to ever grow out of this shit. God help us all!

Day 92 of DKR and Day 68 of BHA

My cycle is really bad this month. Horrible cramping and everything! My skin is trying to fight it off but its beginning to fall behind. Today I have a pimple on the side of my nose. Its small but its there none the less. I havent had any spots any where but my jawline for awhile and now this. That huge thing on my left jawline just refuses to give up. I layered the BP on it last night and today its still huge and shows no signs of going any where fast. I am tempted to stick it with a needle but I am trying to let it pop by itself. The scabs on my right jawline have fallen off and are just pinkish red spots now.

I havent gotten outta my pj's today. I called off work, cancelled an appt and laid in bed with bad cramps all day. This is the worst cycle I have had in a long time. My energy is zapped and I dont care whats happening outside my bedroom walls today as long it doesnt effect me.

Edit: I couldnt resist the temptation any more. I took a needle to that huge thing on my jawline. It was bursting at the seams. There was so much crap in it I didnt think it would ever stop oozing out. I have two appts tomorrow and there was no way I walkin around with that thing sticking out like a neon sign that said "LOOK AT ME!" I layered it with BP again tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow it wont look so dam bad.