Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allasmomma

In need of advice and encouragement...

QUESTION:

I want to incorporate my 2% beta hydroxy acid (paulas choice) into my regimen. This is what I do right now:

Morning:

Cleanse w/ Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser

wait 20-30 minutes and then apply my RX antibiotic (cly-something. It's liquid and you roll it onto your face)

Apply squalane with a cu-tip to dry spots only

Evening:

Cleanse w/ Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser

Apply pea-to-dime-sized amount of Differin to entire face

wait 1 hour and go to bed

I want to know when I should use the BHA. In the morning after my antibiotic? Or at night before the Differin?

I took LionQueen's advice and applied my BHA last night 30 minutes before the Differin. It (BHA) stung a little when I first put it on, but that went away quickly. This morning when I woke my dry areas had more wide-spread flakes than usual. Instead of dabbing squalane I used some Paula's Choice moisture gel.

I don't know what the heck is going on with the pimple on my chin. Every night it loses its whitehead and every morning it has grown it back... the same pimple! It has done this for three or four days now. I want to pop it sooo bad, but I am resisting.

Tomorrow is picture day... I'm so not ready!

Hi :)

Glad to see you're using Differin. I've almost finished my 12th week on it and my improvements have been amazing! I'm also on Diane 35 and Doxycycline but once I added the Differin it made a huge difference :) The first six weeks weren't much fun but after that it all evens out and your skin starts to clear up. It doesnt really help with red marks though.

Good luck :) Hope you have a similar experience to me with Differin.

P.S - You're acne doesnt look bad to me :)

Hi :)

Glad to see you're using Differin. I've almost finished my 12th week on it and my improvements have been amazing! I'm also on Diane 35 and Doxycycline but once I added the Differin it made a huge difference :) The first six weeks weren't much fun but after that it all evens out and your skin starts to clear up. It doesnt really help with red marks though.

Good luck :) Hope you have a similar experience to me with Differin.

P.S - You're acne doesnt look bad to me :)

Thank you Master Thief for the compliment many moons ago.

I'm posting this new post to let everyone know that I'm finally clear, except for ONE zit that popped up during my period last week.

How did I do it?

The doc put me on differin and a topical antibiotic. After two months I'd improved significantly, but was still unhappy. The doc then added an oral antibiotic and one month later I am clear.

I used to put so much crap on my face and now the answer is so simple. This is what I do:

Morning: Wash with Paula's Choice Recovery Cleanser

20 minutes later apply topical antibiotic

Lunch time: Take my oral antibiotic

Night time: Wash with Paula's Choice Recovery Cleanser

Apply thin layer of Differin

Wait 1 hour before going to bed

That's it. I am also on birth control which has helped me a lot. I used to be really tired and depressed and now I'm happy. I wish the same luck for everyone here! The key to it is finding YOUR own answer! Doctors know more than us silly people.

Take Care Everyone!

post-55678-1181740822_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740829_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740835_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740842_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740822_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740829_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740835_thumb.jpg

post-55678-1181740842_thumb.jpg