Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alphabetic

How much have you spent...

Is it possible for you to determine how much you've spent to treat/clear your acne scars, before you noticed considerable or significant results?

I've tried (or was at leat gullible to try) various topicals, the odd non-ablative laser, and more recently, miscellaneous things such as diabetic lancets etc. for self-needling - probably spanning over 3/4 years. However nothing has worked for me. I estimate an outlay of approx $900/$1000 AUD for treatment that I never benefited from.

However, since graduating from Uni last year, I'm now working full-time and putting aside money for treatment I could never afford previously; fraxel, lasers, peels etc etc. Fingers crossed for the (near) future.

Please share, and if possible, what you've attempted/had done.

;)

Money? I have no idea. I've calculated the time I've spend covering up my scar :). Roughly 180 hours. 7.5 days. Isn't that depressing? No one has noticed it yet though, so maybe it's worth the time. Though I definitely could be doing something better with those wasted hours. Darn scar.

I've only had a chemical peel, I'll get another one done soon. Oh, and I use bleach, but it was free. (My Dermatologist gave me two little bottles :) and I've bought a few medications for my face, I guess. Who really keeps track :/ I just want it all to go away and then forget about it :P

~Termy

Erbium Laser- $1200 (did NOTHING)

Fat transfer - $4000 (lasted 6-10 months tops, then reabsorbed)

Restylane - $350 (lasted 1 1/2 weeks, was shit)

RadiesseFN - $1200 (lasted 3 months, lumped up, was shit)

3 excisions - $1800 (yeah, I got ripped off)

4 excisions - $800 (diff. doc)

nose excision -$500 (turned out bad, needs a redo, but the doc tried to rip off my insurance co ..then told me I need psychological help because he was an ass and didnt want to redo)

PS & Derm consultation fees- over $1000

OTC products- $500+?

Total - $11,350.00+ (and Im sure I left something out..)

OMG! reality check!..im really sorry I added that all up.. ..and I still have a ton of scars and need a million punch excisions.

sooo depressing.. :(

edit:..I KNEW I forgot something!.. add $600 for Botox (out of EVERYTHING TRIED Botox completely rid me of forehead scars for at least 4 months..loved it!)

New total - $11,950.00+

Total - $11,350.00+ (and Im sure I left something out..)

OMG! reality check!..im really sorry I added that all up.. ..and I still have a ton of scars and need a million punch excisions.

sooo depressing.. :(

yeah, 10g's for me - cooltouch laser blows!!!

got a bunch of silicone injections- that worked pretty good

now i self-inject restylane, works pretty good with some practice

yeah, 10g's for me - cooltouch laser blows!!!

got a bunch of silicone injections- that worked pretty good

now i self-inject restylane, works pretty good with some practice

Spot dermabrasion dr y -$200

10 excisions - $775

6 rounds microdroplet - $1800

OTC products - $3,000

Prescription Products- $1000

Total - $6775

And my scarring still looks quite severe. I also use Erno Laszlo to subdue the boils I still get. I am also falling back into a depression because yesterday I had my 6th round of silicone. My doc wnats to stop after this and I am still not satisfied with the level of improvement. There's imrpovement, but not enough :( I need 10 like Rebllygyrl, but what do I do? Go to a different doc?

i would say in the past 3 years 3000-4000, diff things like smoothbeam,needling,filler,subcision, just buy products.. and now fraxel.

my skin has definitely improved, but still work to be done i guess, im thinking after fraxel i will be done

I spent 4,500 with celibre to treat acne scars and those fuckers took my money and did not do shit for me those acne scars lasers did not do anything. but the thing that they did was close my pores and i have very little breakouts than ever before.

But next year I will have the ance scar revision which is about 4,500 a laser and it takes 2 so about 9,000 holy shit that is a shit load of cash and i will take that risk because I believe that this is the best laser out there and its on www.epione.com so check it out and tell me what should i do. I'm, very disperate never thought i could be this way I hate this because I have no control over lasers i cant tell them to work

1. proactive 1,350

2. some creep that ripped me off with his own skin peels 400.00

3. over the counter 1,000 some of it I punked

4. celibre 4,500

5. soon to be acne scar revision 9,000. - really praying for this

Let's see...over the past 12 years:

Coolglide Laser $2,000 (Did absolutely nothing)

Smoothbeam Laser $2,000 (Also did very little)

Saline Injections $100-200 for about 6 visits as my insurance somehow ended up covering it

OTC Topical Medications $500 I'm estimating

Prescriptions Medication $750-$1000

Derm Visits and Consultation Fees $800-$1000

Various Stuff like Peels and Cooper Peptides from Online Places At least $750 and probably even more

And my face still looks absolutely terrible. I'm now more depressed than I've ever been about the whole situation.

not incIuding Ioss of earnings with downtime/depression over it aII, or traveI expenses, emotionaI energy/distress etc etc, here is the rough outIine:

c02 Iaser: £2500 (bedford hospitaI, uk. did just about bugger aII. gave me demarcation Iines and skin 5 yrs Iater is stiII discoIoured - i am caucasian)

various cosmetic faciaIs etc that are supposed to improve skin text etc: £500 (conservative guess. of course didnt do much to heIp)

prescriptions and private bought stuff ie: copper peptides, retin-a, various devices etc: £200 (conservative guess: dury stiII out on effects, i stiII use anyway)

IsoIagen, & subcision: £5000 (with dr. chu, uk. not a good enough improvement imho)

tca cross: £50 (dr.chu again. freaking awefuI. thankfuIIy i did not continue. I have pigmentation Ioss and shaIIow saucer scars from it)

fiIIers: £1500 (transform medicaI. injection in cheeks to try fiII out are thus refine scarring (how Iight faIIs) i aIso beIieve c02 caused some fat Ioss. as such..not worth the money spent)

DermaroIIer: £600 and counting (dr. hongcharu, thaiIand. dury is out. my face is STiII Scarred!)

ipI: £60 per session-so far onIy one session (dr.hongcharu, thaiIand. time wiII teII on this too i guess)

So..so far taIIy stands at: £10,410 / $20,429

Im starting to reaIise...I dont think im going to find a cure.....

About $17,600 total.

Excisions - $1,600, Dermabrasion 1, $2,000, Dermabrasion 2, $3,500, Subscision with fat transfer - $3,000, Additional subscisions with fascian , $3,000, three IPL treatments, $1,200, Silicone micro-injections, $3,000 and one cc of Restalyne, $400.

My skin has gradually improved (not perfect) but it has been a long road.

About $17,600 total.

Excisions - $1,600, Dermabrasion 1, $2,000, Dermabrasion 2, $3,500, Subscision with fat transfer - $3,000, Additional subscisions with fascian , $3,000, three IPL treatments, $1,200, Silicone micro-injections, $3,000 and one cc of Restalyne, $400.

I've tried so many mostly topicals. Some remedies. Tried laser on my nose which sorta helped but not really. I have tried medicine. Microderma. Blah a lot but mostly topicals. over 600 or so dollars. Maybe even more. Sad I know. I just wish SOMETHING that truly works could come out already DAMMIT.

gosh

Dermabrasion ps, Kentucky, 1992 or 1993 (1000) worked really well but left a few vertical lines or pigment changes, wish I could have another but scared at my age now and can't find a doc in the area to do it.

Collagen injections 1996? cant remeber the cost (200?) didn't do much

derm / plastic surgeon visits (600 or so)

microdermabrasion machines , sponge type (75.00) don't really do much

Smoothbeam , 6 session, v beam, 2 spot treatments. ( 1300.00) Smoothbeam, I liked for a while till I think they fried some fat under my forehead skin, I don't think it really helps for scarring of much depth but toned my skin up really well. My last treatment was too aggressive and I may have a few new forehead scars from it.

spot dermabrasion, different doc , derm not ps, Texas, (200?)

dermapower dermabrasion machine (109.00) seems to be working well, might get rid of small scars over time

various prescriptions or over the counter remedies, none have worked for me. (300+ est)

tca, jessners, etc. ebay, (70.00) not really helping for scars but overall skin improvement, not bad, I don't use tca anymore, btw

professional skin peels, glycolic (200.00 or so) I don't know , I only had a few but seemed to help some especially with large pores, I am leary of ordering glycolic on ebay.

professional microdermabrasion (300 or so) not much help but only had a few.

Oh and I almost forgot some type of dry ice treatment back in the 80's (200) didn't do much, may have actually casued some skin damage which was later corrected with the dermabrasion

3954.00 and I am sure that is low and I am sure there are more things I cannot remember right now.

Not too bad considering what others have spent.

I am hopeful about this dermapower machine I recently purchased, my skin seems to look a bit smoother but I think in several months, it may actually improve some small scarring by alot. I have done 3 sessions on myself and can compare each one to a very aggressive professional microdermabrasion.

I would actually fork over several thousand if I knew I could get rid of almost all scarring on my face and I don't have much. I do have one larger scar which has been a nightmare to get rid of. I also have scars which seem to be the depth of a wrinkle but cannot seem to get rid of em with the strongest of peels.

i would say in the past 3 years 3000-4000, diff things like smoothbeam,needling,filler,subcision, just buy products.. and now fraxel.

my skin has definitely improved, but still work to be done i guess, im thinking after fraxel i will be done

OMG- not including the years of perscriptions, retin a, differin, face wash.

Microdermabrasion: $200

Sculptura: $2150

Microderabrasion/ peel: $500

Smooth Beam: $600

Fraxel: $900... to date.

gross.

WOW, one thing I learn from reading this post, I should open up a cosmetic clinic.

I think I've only spent about $ 150 on topical creams and at-home microdermabarasion kit for my scars.

I haven't tried any invasive procedures because I simply couldn't afford it and was scared shitless to try them.

I'm now very glad I haven't tried them.

The one absolute thing that was worth it to me is ACCUTANE. I only spent about $200 (because my insurance covered most) and it totally got rid of my acne and improved my skin texture. I LOVE YOU ACCUTANE.

About $17,600 total.

Topicals $1000- I'd say this is fairly accurate...I have bought Retin-A and differin with no insurance, kits, everything else under the sun

Accutane- $1400- I bought insurance specifically for Accutane, so I'm including the insurance premium and all associated costs. I was hoping it would stop acne and scarring that was getting worse....

V-beam-$120 Just got my first treatment for some cysts that will not go away. I wonder what the going rate is for a treatment, because I can't find the answer anywhere. Did I get ripped off??

TOTAL- $2520, not including psychotherapy sessions, hormonal attempts at clearing acne, and derm visits from when I was younger (which probably total about $1000) which aren't exactly scar related.

Oh shit, this thread is sooooooo depressing :wacko: , I have every kind of scar you can think of on my cheeks: rolling, ice pick, craters, "orange peel(lol), blackheads, dark marks, pock marks>>>>>>>>

And I came to this site to try to find "a cure". At least I know how not to spend my money. :rolleyes: