Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Milly

what do I use????!!???

Am new to this site. Have got some comfort knowing others are going through the same thing. Am fed up with acne and redness on chin and cheeks!

Have tried:

B Peroxide (leaves red patches - too harsh)

tetracycline (came back once I came off)

Erythromycin gel (makes redness worse and get some itching though am using it now)

Use Decleor products though want to find something cheaper (!) They seem to soothe the redness of my skin but certainly aren't making my skin any less bumpy or pimple infested.

Have ordered Murad Acne complex products but have since been scared off to even use it reading other people's responses!

Saw Derm and she recommended Accutane. I am reluctant to go on it as hoping to have another baby within 6-8 months. Will definitely resort to it once finished having babies but need something, ANYTHING in the meantime.

My skin is quite sensitive so need a cleanser & moisturiser it can tolerate. Any suggestions?!!!!???

I am in New Zealand so not all products are available way down here at the bottom of the world :cry:

Hi Milly! Congrats on your expected baby! My thought was that since you are pregnant, why not try to keep it simple during this time and leave out the presciption medications and harsh skin products. I have ultra sensitive skin and started a regimen keeping it very simple and my skin is responding well. I use Purpose Bar cleanser, Proactiv BP lotion which I got on Ebay fairly inexpensively by shopping around with different sellers and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Thats all I use. Nothing else. Try keeping it simple during this time and see if your skin responds to it. Is this your first baby? I will tell you that your acne does get worse during pregnancy. Mine did with both my children and my pregnant friend has acne for the first time in her life. I wish you luck and hope you post back with news about your happy healthy baby. Lorrie

Hi Milly! Congrats on your expected baby! My thought was that since you are pregnant, why not try to keep it simple during this time and leave out the presciption medications and harsh skin products. I have ultra sensitive skin and started a regimen keeping it very simple and my skin is responding well. I use Purpose Bar cleanser, Proactiv BP lotion which I got on Ebay fairly inexpensively by shopping around with different sellers and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Thats all I use. Nothing else. Try keeping it simple during this time and see if your skin responds to it. Is this your first baby? I will tell you that your acne does get worse during pregnancy. Mine did with both my children and my pregnant friend has acne for the first time in her life. I wish you luck and hope you post back with news about your happy healthy baby. Lorrie

Thanks for your suggestions Lorrie. I am not currently pregnant. I have a son (he is the apple of my eye!) and am hoping to start trying for another baby at the end of the year. It is because of this I don't want to start Accutane - I don't want to break out again while pregnant and be back to square one all over again.

In the interim I need something to keep the spots at bay and help the redness too. I am so darn sick of having to put on makeup to cover up my bumpy blotchy face!

I'm sure we don't have 'Purpose Bar Cleanser' in NZ. Definitely have the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion though. Are you referring to the Intensive Moisturiser?

Any thoughts on Murad?