Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gin*N*Juice

Dealing with Boyfriends/Girlfriends

I haven't told my boyfriend that I'm going on Tane yet.

I am planning to tell him this weekend when I see him but I'm afraid he just won't understand as my case is probably more mild then severe but is also very persistant and nothing has helped.

He took it when he was younger because he said his mom made him and I've never seen a pimple on his face.

We've been together for almost 10 months and my skin is getting worse and worse but its never been so bad that I've avoided him. Luckily due to our schedules we only see eachother on the weekends and during the week I'm working on getting my skin clear enough so makeup will semi cover my flaws.

Besides the fact that I'm worried about getting a lecture from him, I'm worried about the IB.

I know myself in that if it's bad enough I will want to hide from the world and that includes him. :wub:

Right now I'm just praying that my IB won't be too bad but how do you deal when it is? :cry:

I haven't told my boyfriend that I'm going on Tane yet.

I am planning to tell him this weekend when I see him but I'm afraid he just won't understand as my case is probably more mild then severe but is also very persistant and nothing has helped.

He took it when he was younger because he said his mom made him and I've never seen a pimple on his face.

We've been together for almost 10 months and my skin is getting worse and worse but its never been so bad that I've avoided him. Luckily due to our schedules we only see eachother on the weekends and during the week I'm working on getting my skin clear enough so makeup will semi cover my flaws.

Besides the fact that I'm worried about getting a lecture from him, I'm worried about the IB.

I know myself in that if it's bad enough I will want to hide from the world and that includes him. :wub:

Right now I'm just praying that my IB won't be too bad but how do you deal when it is? :cry:

your kind of lucky to have bf whos been on it, he will understand everything that you go through :)

my grilfriend has been the best, she knows all about tan, she has stood buy me with the hole IB thing , I do not think I could have done it with out her... the only thing she does not like is how much weight I have lost...

we will see I maybe doing another round....

Right now I'm just praying that my IB won't be too bad but how do you deal when it is?

To be totally honest, you really can't do anything other than ride it out and keep in your mind that it will go away. I had mild to kind of moderate acne when I started accutane and I was really hoping I wouldn't get an IB, since I started with a low dose of 20 mg, but I got one anyway. It wasn't TOTALLY bad, but it was bad enough for me. It's still not completely gone but I'm pretty sure it's dying out and going away. Just remember that it's only for a little while and hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.