Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg06

My Scarring Battle finally over

I finally conquered the scars.................it didn't happen until February 2007.......visible results of clear smooth skin free of disfiguring scars and discoloration.

I had been scarred since July 20, 2005....every single day I wanted to die...every single day since then until February 17, 2007. I went from being a young 21 year old to a 23 year old...with no social development, no change, no life. I was essentially raped of my youth, raped of my 21st and 22nd years of life because of disfiguring facial scarring and acne. Even though the scars are gone, I am left aged, hurt, lost, confused, and will always struggle in social situations and life because of the permanent emotional scarring that was caused by the physical scarring. I'm only 23 and have several gray hairs because of how much stress the scarring caused. My family thought I was crazy, that I needed medicine to help me be less depressed....when in fact, medicine would have NO effect on the pain that the scaring caused. I told them it was the scarring that made me depressed, not a psychological problem. I was right because now I feel so much better than I did then now that my face is smooth.

Acne scarring was a horrible emotional battle for me. I didn't think I would ever make it through alive. I wanted to die. I wanted to kill myself. I tried to kill myself. I slept for 17 hours a day so I wouldn't think about the pain. When I woke up I felt lifeless, like I was a corpse ready to be thrown into a casket. Now that the scarring is over I have hooked up with old friends, travelled, visited family.

For anyone who struggles with acne scarring, you have my deepest sympathy. It is a long battle but with proper treatment it can be signifantly improved. The scars will not go away 100.00%, but it is possible to improve them 99% to the point where they are barely visible. Find a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon to help you...DO NOT do invasive treatments that involve cutting, sanding/dermabrasion, freezing, or ablative lasers. Stick with fraxel, microdermabrasion, smoothbeam, noninvasive lasers, accutane, tazorac, glycolic acids, light peels etc. DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT HAS A HEAVY RISK OF SCARRING or DISCOLORATION. The battle of acne scarring is made worse by physicians who are NOT knowledgable in their field. Most of us have had a doctor make our scarring worse!!! A scar takes a year to mature, EVERY time you get another scar from a surgical procedure it adds another year to your scarrin downtime. Use extreme caution in selecting surgical procedures for scarring.

I hope one day our academia awknowledges acne scarring as a severe medical AND psychological detriment. I strongly believe insurance companies should offer reimbursement for treating facial scars.

That's Great News! I'm So Happy For You And Now You Can Live A Less Self-Conscious Life. I Know We All Have Potential Of Finding What Treatment Works Best For Us, It's Just A Matter Of Time And Research. I'm So Happy To Read A Positive Post On Here, Rather Then A Self Deprecating One, Which We All Tend To Do Sometimes. I Hope Your New "Self" Enjoys Life To The Fullest And Realizes You Have Won The Battle!!! :dance:

I finally conquered the scars.................it didn't happen until February 2007.......visible results of clear smooth skin free of disfiguring scars and discoloration.

I had been scarred since July 20, 2005....every single day I wanted to die...every single day since then until February 17, 2007. I went from being a young 21 year old to a 23 year old...with no social development, no change, no life. I was essentially raped of my youth, raped of my 21st and 22nd years of life because of disfiguring facial scarring and acne. Even though the scars are gone, I am left aged, hurt, lost, confused, and will always struggle in social situations and life because of the permanent emotional scarring that was caused by the physical scarring. I'm only 23 and have several gray hairs because of how much stress the scarring caused. My family thought I was crazy, that I needed medicine to help me be less depressed....when in fact, medicine would have NO effect on the pain that the scaring caused. I told them it was the scarring that made me depressed, not a psychological problem. I was right because now I feel so much better than I did then now that my face is smooth.

Acne scarring was a horrible emotional battle for me. I didn't think I would ever make it through alive. I wanted to die. I wanted to kill myself. I tried to kill myself. I slept for 17 hours a day so I wouldn't think about the pain. When I woke up I felt lifeless, like I was a corpse ready to be thrown into a casket. Now that the scarring is over I have hooked up with old friends, travelled, visited family.

For anyone who struggles with acne scarring, you have my deepest sympathy. It is a long battle but with proper treatment it can be signifantly improved. The scars will not go away 100.00%, but it is possible to improve them 99% to the point where they are barely visible. Find a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon to help you...DO NOT do invasive treatments that involve cutting, sanding/dermabrasion, freezing, or ablative lasers. Stick with fraxel, microdermabrasion, smoothbeam, noninvasive lasers, accutane, tazorac, glycolic acids, light peels etc. DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT HAS A HEAVY RISK OF SCARRING or DISCOLORATION. The battle of acne scarring is made worse by physicians who are NOT knowledgable in their field. Most of us have had a doctor make our scarring worse!!! A scar takes a year to mature, EVERY time you get another scar from a surgical procedure it adds another year to your scarrin downtime. Use extreme caution in selecting surgical procedures for scarring.

I hope one day our academia awknowledges acne scarring as a severe medical AND psychological detriment. I strongly believe insurance companies should offer reimbursement for treating facial scars.

This is where I am right now. I still breakout a little but I hate my skin. I feel like I have aged so much & feel desperate. I never do anything I do not have to. Especially ever meet people I used to know when I used to be really pretty. I KNOW HOW YOU FELT EXACTLY.

Sometimes I wonder if they can take the skin of any other part of my body (which is smooth & creamy & soft) & put it on my nasty face.

I feel like a prisoner in my own body.

Hi Greg, Glad to hear that acne scarring doesn't affect you anymore. I hope I can be at that point one day in my life. So what has helped yor scarring tremandously? If there is a treatment that worked for u, please share with us. I've been researching on different scar treatments but too scared to do any of them because my scarring is not that deep but noticable and I don't want to add anymore damage to my skin or make it scar even more.

Hi Greg, Glad to hear that acne scarring doesn't affect you anymore. I hope I can be at that point one day in my life. So what has helped yor scarring tremandously? If there is a treatment that worked for u, please share with us. I've been researching on different scar treatments but too scared to do any of them because my scarring is not that deep but noticable and I don't want to add anymore damage to my skin or make it scar even more.

Yep, exactly what I was saying too and nobody would believe me. It won't help with depper scarring, it just won't, no matter how high the settings, and I can say that after trying it. I just wish this lovely pearl of wisdom had been shared like 4 months ago when I was beggin for feedback. Now Ive lost another 2 grand, and as always, history repeating itself over the years, I find out after the fact. At this point I might as well put a pistol in my mouth. Life can't get any worse.

This is the first strongly positive scar post I've read.....

I'm glad to see it...

I can relate with the part about people incorrectly thinking you were depressed for unrelated reasons.....

Since your scaring is very mild I would suggest Fraxel 2. I think this is a great laser for those with mild scarring but it didn't do much for me as my scars are pretty old and fairly deep. I did get about 80% improvement on one of my saucer shaped scars on my cheeck though but it didnt' really do a whole lot for the other 99 scars on my face. If you find a good doctor who has a LOT of experience with this laser I think it's pretty safe.

Well if you claim a tx. helped you why dont you mention what it is in your thread? :think: Doesnt make sense to me to leave out the most important part of your statment which is what erased YOUR scarring.

hey dude, you should be happy that you are scarless or 99% scarless as you mentioned...why r u emotionally scarred? its all in the mind emotions are not permanent but scars are, so just be happy and 2 years is not alot of time lost at least you get to treasure things more now and youre only 23 you have a full life ahead of you...i try not to think about my scars, control my emotions but they will always be there, im skeptical that you say youre close to being scarless, dont mind showing me pics? dont get me wrong though im happy 4 ya...

This person had posted before about the disappearance of scars. They come on here and extoll the virtues of their scar removing regimen and then do not answer any questions or make any other comments. They make these statements and then just disappear (much like their scars).

Just seems a little sketchy...but hey, it's inspirational if it's true.

Congrats to you, Greg.

I think it's probably true because he has tackled the scars while he's still young.

I'm 22 and I hope to accomplish the same thing. I already see improvement from doing very little. I'm hopeful about copper peptides, TCA CROSS and peels in combination with cleaning up my diet tremendously and actually exercising.

I was at a restaurant this morning and I went into the restroom. I looked in the mirror (for once) and my scars do look better. I can't even see them from a distance (even with no makeup on!). In the sunlight I can barely see them at all...even close up. I feel very lucky right now. It's a good day for me. :surprised:

Janet

Hi!!!!!!! i am really happy 4 you!! i have acne scars and i will do pixel in january!! i am really happy with your post!!

please post pictures with before and after if possible!!!

thanks a lot!!!!