Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a 42 yr. old white male with moderate acne scarring on one cheek. The scars are meduim deep ( boxcar of saucer shaped).

Below I will list the treatments I have had done and the results.

Dermabrasion: 15 yrs. ago: 20% improvement

Deep Chemical peel: 10 yrs ago. Made surrounding skin look great but I detected no improvemnet for acne scars.

Co2 Laser Surgery: 5 years ago. Again, great for overall skin, better texture and tone, minimal at best acne scar revision.

Collagen injections: 3 yrs. ago. The best treatment if you can afford to get it done every 4 to 5 months. Filled up scars completely. Falls out eventually

Microdermabrasion: 2 yrs. ago: Nothing more than a facial. Had it done 10 times over a period of 3 to 4 months. No improvement what so ever for scars.

N'lite: 1 yr. ago: This treatment is an out right fraud. Had it done at the highest strength 4 times. Zero scar improvement.

Artecoll filler: 10 months ago: had it done by a Dr. in FDA study here in San Francisco. it made no improvement in scars. The Dr. told me it was probably best for wrinkle only, he was upfront.

TCA Cross therapy: I had this done for the first time one month ago and see no improvement to date. It might be too early to tell. The red marks wil last for months, and the scars initially look worse.

James

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Hmmm...I wonder what you think about smoothbeam. Too bad you've never tried it before. I'm curious.

HS: One thing that many of us have noticed is this. It seems that when a person has invasive things done such as yourself, further treatments don't have the same effect that they do on people who havn't had invasive treatments. For example, all of the people who have had needling done and had great or excellent results are people who have never had dermabrasian, been on accutane, had exoderm or CO2.

It seems as a general observation that people who have had things done like yourself just don't fare as well with other treatments. Not trying to make you depressed about further treatments, but these invasive treatments seem to toughen skin to further treatments. At least, that is what I've observed after talking to or interacting with no less than 40-50 people who have had such invasive procedures done, and went on to other treatments.

Healthyskeptic,

Have you thought of, or tried fat injections? They last longer than collagen injections. I've even heard it said (Not from an actual person, but in research) that it is permanent if you do it enough times.

Denise, I don't disagree w/ you, but you also have to remember many people have tried the non invasive stuff first, it didn't work for them and then they try more invasive procedures which also don't work.

HS:  One thing that many of us have noticed is this.  It seems that when a person has invasive things done such as yourself, further treatments don't have the same effect that they do on people who havn't had invasive treatments.  For example, all of the people who have had needling done and had great or excellent results are people who have never had dermabrasian, been on accutane, had exoderm or CO2.

It seems as a general observation that people who have had things done like yourself just don't fare as well with other treatments.  Not trying to make you depressed about further treatments, but these invasive treatments seem to toughen skin to further treatments.  At least, that is what I've observed after talking to or interacting with no less than 40-50 people who have had such invasive procedures done, and went on to other treatments.

[You could be right, but I doubt it. Who Knows?

James

quote=Denise2]HS: One thing that many of us have noticed is this. It seems that when a person has invasive things done such as yourself, further treatments don't have the same effect that they do on people who havn't had invasive treatments. For example, all of the people who have had needling done and had great or excellent results are people who have never had dermabrasian, been on accutane, had exoderm or CO2.

It seems as a general observation that people who have had things done like yourself just don't fare as well with other treatments. Not trying to make you depressed about further treatments, but these invasive treatments seem to toughen skin to further treatments. At least, that is what I've observed after talking to or interacting with no less than 40-50 people who have had such invasive procedures done, and went on to other treatments.

I hear differing things on fat injections. Most recent info is that they fall out the same a collagen. But the good news is that I am starting to see real improvemnet with the TCA Cross therapy.

JAmes

Healthyskeptic,

Have you thought of, or tried fat injections? They last longer than collagen injections. I've even heard it said (Not from an actual person, but in research) that it is permanent if you do it enough times.

There are only two ways to seriously diminish the appearance of Saucer shaped ( box car) acne scars. One is through an injectable substance like collagen. The other is to have acid burned directly into the scar, like TCA cross therapy. Pulses, lasers, and the like will not give you a significant reduction in scar appearance. Take that to the bank and save your $.

James

quote="ObiWontonKenoli"]Hmmm...I wonder what you think about smoothbeam. Too bad you've never tried it before. I'm curious.