Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lemon on face method...

Hi all!

i am new here, i am currently 18 years old and from London, U.K having a bad case of acne #-o i've read that putting raw lemon juice sqeezed from a lemon on your face really helps, so i went out and bought 6 lemons. My questions are:

1 - When do i put the lemon juice on? Is it better to put it on before i go to sleep so that it will work overnight? and do i put it on once a day?

2 - Has this method worked/failed for anyone? Please tell me your stories biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance all!

anyone at all?

i've browed through the forum before registering and posting this thread, if anyone knows where i can get the answers from an existing thread, do post please

thanks.

Here is my story about it. I havent had any replies on The Regimen, but have had a couple on Scar Treatments.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:46 pm Post subject: Help me avoid another scar. PLEASE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard from another site that Lemon Juice was an excellent remedy for scars. Mine are deep pits. I tried it a few months ago on one scar and was amazed at the results, it really worked.

2 weeks ago I decided to try it on another one. But it seems to have made it worse . Whereas before it was an icepick, it seems to be forming into a bigger scar - another deep pit And it is soooo noticable, on the front of my nose.

My skin has been fairly clear over the last few years (except for one time I came off dianette) But because of this latest, and may I add self inflicted, episode, the old feelings of dispair are coming back. I dont want to go out - I have dodged my friends for 2 weeks now. My mum showed me a magazine with recommendations for Bio-Oil (does it work?) so shes noticed what Ive done.

How can I stop this scar being permanent? Ive tried to leave it alone, moisturise it, Ive tried calamine lotion. What next? I feel awful. Ive not seen my partner for a few weeks, hes working away, and Im due to see him this weekend, I need to improve it by then, I cant have him see me like this. I dont care if the skin is red, that can be covered up, but I cant have this pit staying.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Sooooooo, what do you think? When you do this you are lterally applying acid to your face. Its a gamble you take; it may take the skin down to below the car, but will it leave it worse? Or will healthy new skin form over on top? The area will be a mess for a good few weeks. And its harder for guys, as they cant (well, normally dont!!) wear make up. The choice is yous1 I will keep you posted.

A xxx

First of all many thanks for your reply, i appreciate it.

I don't have dents in my face, my acne is still on my face, red lumps and it's disgusting this is why i really want to get rid of them. I guess i am taking a gamble, using lemon juice i think may make it better as it will make the lumps go down and hopefully heal my skin. I don't think i can afford to damage my face any further as it is already damaged enough, i think i'll go see my GP and get some medicine off him, if he won't work, then i guess i will need to go to a dermotologist, i will use the lemon juice method as a last resort.

Thanks for your time and help Alison smile.gif