Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been off the tane for 2 weeks and I am going to be on the beach for a few days and I want to go to a tanning bed. Is this safe if I go for a very short light setting? I'm not planning to go in for long at all.

From what i heard...it all dpeends on how sensitive your skin is. Try going out in the sun for a couple minnutes see how your skin reacts. Just test your skin>>see if its capabel or not. Good Luck

I'm going to say NO. Your skin is very sensitive even 4-6 months post accutane, and the recommendation is to stay out of the sun for that period of time post-accutane. The drug stays in your system for so long that it's like you are still ON accutane 2 weeks post. I went to the tanning bed 4 full months post-accutane, and I burned so badly that I couldn't wear clothes with elastic on them because it hurt so bad. I only went in the bed for 8 minutes, too... it's not like I laid for 20 minutes and burned that bad. That was 4 months after taking my last pill.

At the beach wear a sunblock (not just sunscreen, a sunblock) and enjoy indoor activities. Otherwise you'll seriously regret it... the pain is just not worth it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Ive been off the tane for 2 weeks and I am going to be on the beach for a few days and I want to go to a tanning bed. Is this safe if I go for a very short light setting? I'm not planning to go in for long at all.

Try Mystic Tanning instead! Then slather on the sunscreen on the beach.. Mystic lasts several days for me, and I've been told it will last longer if you go twice in a row?

Try Mystic Tanning instead! Then slather on the sunscreen on the beach.. Mystic lasts several days for me, and I've been told it will last longer if you go twice in a row?

It's true, mystic gets a TON deeper if you go twice (just wait two or 3 days in between sessions). It really is fantastic, even for very pale people. I did it for my senior prom and I looked great. Just moisturize well and it will last for a decent amount of time.

Might sound crazy or 'irresponsible' but...I've been to the beach like 5 times this summer...stayed all day and tanned...hardly wore sunscreen...i got burnt...was painful at 1st...but got over it....

Y is it recommended that we stay out of the sun? is it bcoz we'l b in 'pain' or there could b serious damage??