Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lainey321

Has anyone tried Maybelline Superstay Silky Foundation?

Silky.jpg

Has anyone tried this stuff? I bought it yesterday and put it on this morning. So far so good. It goes on very easily and covers well....we'll see how it lasts... I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't break me out. I was so sick of using mineral make-up, although I did order some AN samples yesterday (you guys are such a bad influence ;) ) I actually went to Wal-mart to buy Infallible but the colors weren't what I needed (too pink for me) so I found this. It was cheaper too ;)

The ingredients seemed okay:

Titanium Dioxide 2.2%

Water , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Silica , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Glycerin , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Polygyceryl-4 Isostearate , Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer , Sodium Chloride , Nylon-12 , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol , Propylene Carbonate , Bis-PEG-15 Methylether Dimethicone , Laureth-4 , Pentylene Glycol , Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer , Polyacrylamide , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , Methylparaben , Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate , Propylparaben , C13-14 Isoparaffin , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Branched Dimethicone , Laureth-7 , Ethylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Sodium PCA , Urea , Trehalose , Polyquaternium-51 , Soluble Collagen , Sodium Hyaluronate , Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides

I used Colorstay with Softflex in it and it did well for about a month and then it totally scewed my skin up. Could have been something in the softflex or maybe just my skin didn't need that much power to stay on. But good luck with it. I have always loved Maybelline products but can't find anything to cover well, I need medium coverage and nothing they have now works.

I am thinking of trying it simply because I have an addiction to buying the newest foundation at CVS. Of course, after a few weeks it always goes to the back of my makeup drawer and I go back to my beloved colorstay.

It isn't really a matte finish. I looked in the mirror and thought I saw some shine so I blotted with some tissue and no oil or make-up came off, it was just how it looks so I dabbed a little powder. Although I might not mind some shine if it isn't really an oil slick :shrug:

does it crease? That is the only problem I have with colorstay is that it creases. It doesn't rub off, it doesn't get oily, it doesn't fade, but it does crease around my mouth by the end of the day.

Nope :)

I can still see where the Infallible was on the back of my hand where i tested it; that hand looks drier too. :shrug: What do you use to remove the colorstay?

Well I still have no oil a couple of large cystic zits are showing a bit more than they were this morning. I look like I just put powder on....and no new zits. :clap:

Oh and my dh even commented on my skin looking better :)

wow... that maybelline one looks cool. I hope it arrives here in australia soon. So did it just come out now? ^ Its good to hear that it works for you :dance: So is one for primer and one foundation. Or you have to mix them together?

Well I still have no oil a couple of large cystic zits are showing a bit more than they were this morning. I look like I just put powder on....and no new zits. :clap:

Oh and my dh even commented on my skin looking better :)

Well it washed off well and so far no breakouts. I am wearing it again today. The only problem I am having is my eyes are burning but I am not sure if it is the makeup or allergies. I'll give it a few days. I really hope this works. What more could you ask for ...great coverage and cheap :clap:

Umm not sure, since I usually wear the lightest shade I rarely look at the others. :redface: It seems that there were several bottles there :shrug:

I wear buff in colorstay, the second shade. Would the second shade in the maybelline be good, in your opinion?

Dunno, I've never used the Colorstay but the Infallible was WAY to pinkish for me, even the lightest colors. One thing about it it doesn't change colors on your skin. What you see in the bottle is how it goes on your face, and stays. I instantly saw this color and knew it matched. Luckily, it stayed the same color OUT of the bottle :)

ive used a lot of maybelline foundations before. Sephora, Maybelline usually has 'Buff', so they probably have buff in this foundation also :D

Well, in the store (I went to target earlier) it has porcelain ivory and then classic ivory. I usually just wear ivory but colorstay's ivory was much to pink so I use buff now. Just as fair but much more yellow. I didn't buy the maybelline because I was unsure of the undertone in the store. No testers were out :(