Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrisaus

Anyone here tried using saunas to combat acne?

Yesterday here in australia it was stinking hot, and i was at the computer sweating like a mad man all day long. That night and the following morning my skin and pores were looking awesome and it led me to want to give saunas a try. Maybe every day or every second day i'm thinking. Anyone had any success?

Yesterday here in australia it was stinking hot, and i was at the computer sweating like a mad man all day long. That night and the following morning my skin and pores were looking awesome and it led me to want to give saunas a try. Maybe every day or every second day i'm thinking. Anyone had any success?

Guest j3ff86

Found this on google:

"Sweat bathing, acting as a general toxic eliminator. The heat produces an artificial "fever" and urges every organ of the body into action. While outwardly relaxed, your inner organs are as active as though you were jogging or mowing the lawn. At the same time, you are being cleansed from inside out by the skin, your body's largest organ and its excretion, sweat. The utilization of heat stress for removal of poisons from the body dates back to ancient times. Through a variety of non-invasive detoxification modalities such as sauna therapy, nutritional detoxification, and other supportive physical therapy procedures, toxic residues can be significantly reduced from the body. This is the only method of detoxification evidenced in current nutritional, medical, and bio-chemical literature capable of significantly reducing or eliminating stored toxic residue with scientifically proven safety, according to Dr. David W. Schnara, Science Advisor to the Environmental Protection Agency. 20 minutes in the sauna equals 24 hours work by the kidneys.

With the strong increase in blood flow (not blood pressure) and the subsequent removal of excess lactic acid the pores in the skin are opened up and deeply and thoroughly cleaned, clearing away oil, dead skin cells, cosmetics, blackheads and acne-producing bacteria. The skin will look healthier, fresher, and more youthful. The increased blood circulation also promotes the healing of skin cuts by bringing a greater supply of red and white blood cells to the surface."

Sounds good to me. Just don't stay in there too long.

just take a warm bath.

and this is the main reason why i do the dipping regimen because i believe the increased blood folw to my face is really beneficial to my acne.

i soak my face in bowl of really warm water for about 70-100 seconds until my face has an even toned look and a cleansed/relaxed feeling.it helps the glow.

I used to go swimming at least 3 times a week and after that I would go to the sauna room for around 10 minutes and my skin always felt a lot smoother. Not just after the sauna but on the days where I didn't go swimming or take sauna also. My face feels drier more now and never used to have to use any moisturiser. It may have been the swimming but I believe it is more the sauna that was helping. That was the one on campus at uni however, the one in my town isn't as good so I don't bother going, there are always creepy old men and women in the one in town whenever I have been there, don't know what that's all about.

Ive used to sauna for 2+ weeks straight for 1 hour a day. Using Niacin supplement untill the skin is 'flushed' (niacin opens blood vessels so more toxins can be dumped). Im staying in for 10 mins then have a cold shower and for the first week it was breaking me out badly. Now its much more stable and my old blemishes are reduced in super quick time, usually taking months to fade. Ill report again in another few weeks.

(hmm dirty thought :P)

Infrared saunas are the ones that supposedly zap P acne bacteria. I'm going to have use of one this summer so I'll use it every day for awhile and see how it goes :)