Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Internet

I don't think this is working

It took months of experimenting with products to find a combination that only held the acne back. I used 2.5% BP for 6 months, and I showed no improvement (besides a couple fewer new zits per month). My doctor suggested I try 10%. Now, after 2 months of that, my face is more irritated, but there's still no improvement. I only have light/moderate acne, but I'm very fair skinned so it shows easily. I don't think it's bad enough to go to a dermatologist, but I don't really have anything else left to do. Should I see a dermatologist anyway?

I use Cetaphil moisturizer, a Neutrogena brand facial soap (non-comedogenic), and a Neutrogena BP 10% cream. The 2.5% gel I used was Dan's gel. The pimples are mostly on my forehead, part of my nose, and chin. As for the shaving, I've tried shaving every day, every other day, every few days, and several other combonations. None of them made it worse or better.