Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleanandfree

Do 90 percent of people realy get acne or myth?

Do 90 percent of people realy get acne or is it a myth? cause i have read that heaps but then i look around at the people i know and half or if not more have never got it or had any trace of acne. Do you guys agree its false?

Yea, its false. I never see them. If they consider 1 zit once in a blue moon acne then thats where they get the 90% but real acne is unrelenting and is many many pimples, blackheads and cysts.

I always wondered what qualified as acne in that 90% as well. Like the OP, when I heard that number I also looked around and thought "what the bleep are they talking about?" First I thought maybe a large number of people suffered from acne through adolescence and then recovered, but thinking back to high school, I doubt strongly that the number of people who suffer from moderate to severe acne is anywhere near that high.

Acne is a pimple, zit, etc whatever. So if someone get's a small pimple for a few days, technically they had acne.

I can believe it. Because in all my life, I've probably only seen a handful of people with PERFECT skin.

The statistic say between 95-97% of people have "some form of acne" which doesn't mean severe

The figure is often quoted together with the statistics of non-western population that have a incidence of ance of 0%

I mean, they're clearly not talking about full-blown get thee on accutane acne. When I look at the skin of people I go to school with, though, very few people are completely 100% smooth and clear. A lot of people have blackheads or tiny clogged pores, you know, just a little bumpiness but it's still there. Lots and lots of women have minor breakouts around their periods. Hairline acne seems to be pretty common in guys, too. I can definitely believe that 90% of people have experienced some kind of acne in their lives, mild though it may be.

Do 90 percent of people realy get acne or is it a myth? cause i have read that heaps but then i look around at the people i know and half or if not more have never got it or had any trace of acne. Do you guys agree its false?

I always wondered what qualified as acne in that 90% as well. Like the OP, when I heard that number I also looked around and thought "what the bleep are they talking about?" First I thought maybe a large number of people suffered from acne through adolescence and then recovered, but thinking back to high school, I doubt strongly that the number of people who suffer from moderate to severe acne is anywhere near that high.

its like 75% off all teens get acne, so 25% of teens dont

30% of all adults get acne at some stage in their life, so 70% if adults dont.

just to let u know

It might be helpful to link to scientific study articles providing intelligent summations of the points made, also posting information on how skin looks like under a microscope and summations of how acne forms may help give some people a 'lightbulb' moment. I'm bumping this article up, but I also want Mells to take a look at this post: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Acneand39...on-t158806.html

I'm guessing they are classing that as everyone who has ever got 1 tiny breakout. Take a look at senior schools, the majority of people have at least 1 or 2 spots on their face.