Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foxclose

HELP!! TCA CROSS MISTAKE

:doubt:

Yesterday was my second time using TCA Cross 100% and it appears I got careless this time around, because quit a lot of TCA 100% solution got out of the indented scar (from my toothpick ) and started to run down my unscrarred bit of my face.

Shocked I got so upset I threw away everything of TCA and was really upset. I've got a big bruise sort looking brown mark where the solution ran down. It looks so BAD!

What's the worse that can happen!!?

don't worry! It won't scar if you don't peel it off prematurely... Gd luck... Should heal within 6 days....

I do not encourage somebody not trained in peels to do this by themselves....However I know many will do it anyway. I advise you to instead try a lower percentage such as a 25%. It can be layered in the scar to the desired depth (producing the same effect as a hihger %)and if it gets outside of it on healthy skin, it is not as likely to cause permanent damage as a higher %.

Thanks guys for your replies. So even with 100% TCA Acid on the outside unscarred skin, there's a chance than I will get away with it?

It was quit a big drop and I am amazed by the large amount of skin it covered in just a few seconds. I really hope I haven't caused any further damage.

BTW: Have any people here done 100% TCA FULL face peels!!!?

Whenever that happened to me where the frosting seemed to get out of the scar and later scabbed, it healed completely and you could never see it had happened. Just don't pull at it and let it heal on it's own.

BTW: Have any people here done 100% TCA FULL face peels!!!?

Okay, the areas has now scabbed and healed.

No scarring as in indentions; BUT the skin is lighter and discolored from the rest of my face! Is this permanent??? I hope NOT!!!

Guest sm_oore

Hey Foxclose. I just did a GA 40% spot treatment but left it on for too long. :doh: I know its not TCA but I have the same problem you do.

Is your discoloratrion hypo or hyperpigmented?

Anyways, my scabs fell off a little too early and the skin is red & pinkish when it comes off almost looking like scars. They seem to be fading a little bit and i noticed that there's still like a little piece of skin over the pinkish part. I was wondering if this happen to you at all? :think:

I think your skin color will fade soon. It might be your new skin or its repairing itself. Also, are you putting anything on your skin that is helping it heal?

Sorry for the Q's but im kind of in the same boat as you.

Hey Foxclose. I just did a GA 40% spot treatment but left it on for too long. :doh: I know its not TCA but I have the same problem you do.

Is your discoloratrion hypo or hyperpigmented?

Anyways, my scabs fell off a little too early and the skin is red & pinkish when it comes off almost looking like scars. They seem to be fading a little bit and i noticed that there's still like a little piece of skin over the pinkish part. I was wondering if this happen to you at all? :think:

I think your skin color will fade soon. It might be your new skin or its repairing itself. Also, are you putting anything on your skin that is helping it heal?

Sorry for the Q's but im kind of in the same boat as you.

I've warned people for years about 100% TCA.

Please start with 50% if you're doing CROSS, 12.5% if doing full face.