Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
googly

Looking for Spot Concealer for Men

Hi, I had been applying Clearasil's Active Treatment Cream Cover Up to individual spots (I didn't use any other cover up/make up) and it had been working well, however that product has now been discontinued.

So I'm now looking to find a popular spot concealer for men that actually works! Just wondering if anyone can recommend any UK products?

I'm not sure if anyone produces a 'men only' concealer, but for what it's worth, I use Almay's Clear Complexion Concealer. It's good stuff, although goes on darker than it looks in the tube, so buy a lighter one that you think.

Good luck,

Helen

Thanks alot for those folks. Great help.

Just struggling a bit to find some good suppliers though.

Can you get Innoxa in the UK?

And Almay's Clear Complexion Concealer I saw the light version on Boots.co.uk but is there a better range online somewhere?

Not sure if you would want a concealor like this but I use dermablend its fantastic they use it on films and tv for people with bad skin and/or spots. It also can cover up birth marks and bruises etc. I use it everyday and it really hides them! I dont find it too heavy or thick you just use the spatchler you get with it to scrap a bit out the pot rub it on your palm to warm it up and dab it lightly over the spot and it disappears!

some before and after photos are on link below-

http://www.skinstore.com/store/category.asp?catID=6292

I bought my dermablend from QVC xx

Not sure if you would want a concealor like this but I use dermablend its fantastic they use it on films and tv for people with bad skin and/or spots. It also can cover up birth marks and bruises etc. I use it everyday and it really hides them! I dont find it too heavy or thick you just use the spatchler you get with it to scrap a bit out the pot rub it on your palm to warm it up and dab it lightly over the spot and it disappears!

some before and after photos are on link below-

http://www.skinstore.com/store/category.asp?catID=6292

I bought my dermablend from QVC xx

Im also looking for a concealer to cover up spots and red marks, i would prefer to be able to purchase it in shops like Boots etc than have to order it over the internet. Has anyone any recommendations? Cant seem to find where you can get Innoxa.

Guest ~Wolfy~

I usually just buy the womens concealer (the ones in a little bottle with a brush) and then add 10% by volume of 100% tea tree oil as an antibacterial. That way you can get exactly the right colour, and the TTO acts as a disinfectant to minimise cross-infection and hopefully kill bacteria where it's used. It also ensures that the TTO is strong enough to work, you need over 5% to guarantee to kill P.Acnes.