Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ferine

Ferine's Amazing Accutane Adventure!

I went to two dermatologists to get it, so in one month I'm gonna start! I'm kinda nervous; don't know what to expect! It's weird because I never thought I'd start accutane. I've had acne since I was twelve, but it's never been "ZOMG LOOK AT HER FACIAL GROWTHS!!" kind of acne until a year ago. I went through a bit of a rough spot in school. and BAM, full blown cystic acne. It only took a few months to permanently scar my cheeks too. :( I recovered somewhat on Murad, but after about 4 months, it stopped working. (Works great for my sis though, thankfully).

The first derm was awful! He thought I was LYING about my allergies to sulfas, amoxicillin, AND tetracycline (This includes most of their distant relatives, too. There are some exceptions though; I can take Suprax, which is in the sulfa family) I had to argue with him because he wanted to give me an antibiotic for my body acne, which is NOT an option with me! I become resistant to antibiotics so easily that I can't take them casually... :naughty: He told me "You obviously don't want to help yourself." I wanted to tell him, "You obviously aren't a responsible dermatologist. I'm going elsewhere." But being the meek person I am, I just held back tears until he left (I'm really shy, so I tend to avoid confrontations). :boohoo: Enter the second derm! I made an another appointment right away with a different dermatologist recommended by my GP. When the nurse came in, I just told her straight out I wanted 'Tane. She looked kinda shocked, but didn't say anything. When the doctor came in, he looked me over. All he said was, "You've got a little acne, don't see why not! Get her the forms!" Easy as pie. :shock: Just like that! I'm so happy I could sing! So now I have to wait a month cuz I'm a girl (boo!), but I'll be counting the minutes! (April 5th! April 5th!)

BTW, I've lurked so long in this forum, but now I'm finally posting... :redface:

Heya Ferine

Happy to hear that u got what u wanted (which is the mighty Tane) but do keep in mind to expect alot of side effects and maybe worsen acne. just expect the worst for now!!! (i say the 1st 3-4 months) im not trying to talk u out of it, im also going on the tane again (5th time). the result is the best!! but going through 5-6 months was the worst time of my life, very depressing and ugly looking due to the IB, properly alot of people that been through it would say the same. hehehe in the end u never look back!!! i wish u all the best!! hope to hear from u soon.

Heya Ferine

Happy to hear that u got what u wanted (which is the mighty Tane) but do keep in mind to expect alot of side effects and maybe worsen acne. just expect the worst for now!!! (i say the 1st 3-4 months) im not trying to talk u out of it, im also going on the tane again (5th time). the result is the best!! but going through 5-6 months was the worst time of my life, very depressing and ugly looking due to the IB, properly alot of people that been through it would say the same. hehehe in the end u never look back!!! i wish u all the best!! hope to hear from u soon.

Thanks! Don't worry, I know what I'm getting into! I had to do countless hours of research just to convince my 'rents to let me take it. I'm under their insurance so they had the final say. I'm just bummed it didn't think to ask for 'tane sooner... My left cheek looks like hambuger from all the scars. I'm thinking of getting laser resurfacing done a year after treatment... :boohoo: