Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe peeps

I need advice!!!!!

ok here goes,

i am a 23 year old male from boston with some boxcar acne scars on my temples, neck, and a few on my cheekbones. all of them are mild except for a few on the side of my neck which would most likely be considered mild/moderate. i wanna reduce their appearance (obviously) so i went to skincare physicians in chestnut hill, ma and saw one of their big shot doctors. he told me that fraxel is my best bet and would give me some decent results. but the problems is that at five treatments (which he recommended) of 2 grand a piece it is very pricey and i only make about 35k a year. i really want to get some improvement with my scars and move on with my life but i feel like i can't get this kind of money any time soon. i want to know if any of you know where i can get this thing done cheaper or perhaps finance it or whatever. remember i need it done on my face and neck. and i live in new england. please give me some good advice if you have any and if ur negative please step off. but i would greatly appreciate good, helpful advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um im not to sure other than the natural treatments. Go to a local beatician and they will have like radiotherapy slkin treatment. I have never seen whether it works or not. Last resort could be plastic surgery, costing thousands though

ok here goes,

i am a 23 year old male from boston with some boxcar acne scars on my temples, neck, and a few on my cheekbones. all of them are mild except for a few on the side of my neck which would most likely be considered mild/moderate. i wanna reduce their appearance (obviously) so i went to skincare physicians in chestnut hill, ma and saw one of their big shot doctors. he told me that fraxel is my best bet and would give me some decent results. but the problems is that at five treatments (which he recommended) of 2 grand a piece it is very pricey and i only make about 35k a year. i really want to get some improvement with my scars and move on with my life but i feel like i can't get this kind of money any time soon. i want to know if any of you know where i can get this thing done cheaper or perhaps finance it or whatever. remember i need it done on my face and neck. and i live in new england. please give me some good advice if you have any and if ur negative please step off. but i would greatly appreciate good, helpful advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think Fraxel is fairly foolproof, very low risk, with mild to moderate efficacy for scarring. It takes several treatments and is expensive. Also, it seems to work best on rolling, not so well on boxcar and icepick. If you have lots of scars, fraxel is a good choice. If you have just a few scars, punch floats or fillers might be a better option.

Don't waste money on a name doc for fraxel (but, please do so for any surgery or filler). Perhaps you can find a doc outside of Boston who does it for less. In Ca, when you move away from the city center, everything is less expensive because living costs are lower and there is less demand for fraxel, leading to lower prices. Same is probably true in Boston.

thanks, zonk do you know of anyone in or around boston taht has done fraxel on finance / installments or if that sort of thing is available at boston laser and skin? haha i feel so poor!

thanks, zonk do you know of anyone in or around boston taht has done fraxel on finance / installments or if that sort of thing is available at boston laser and skin? haha i feel so poor!

I don't know of anyone that has done it on financing. Dunno if financing is available at boston derm and laser. I'm going in at the beginning of april, and I can always ask for you if you want to wait a month to find out.

Also, if you want to shop around. www.fraxel.com has a find a doctor page, so you could call up all the doctors in boston and get pricing quotes.

You know, I have boxcars and icepicks from big to small, and although I gained some improvement from fraxel, I have a hard time justifying the cost of the treatment for the improvement that I got. I am far from satisfied with my fraxel results ( I had four treatments starting at 18 mj, with the last three at 24mj) Have you considered needling? I just had my first treatment, and am only five days out, so have no idea how effective it is, but you can't beat the cost. Why not start small, with something that doesn't break the bank? If it doesn't work out, go for fraxel. What I really like about needling, as opposed to fraxel, is that it is entirely scar specific.

ANyway, not trying to get people jumping on my band wagon, but thought I'd put it out there. It's not something that a high-tech laser doctor would ever recommend to you, but it might be worth researching.

You know, I have boxcars and icepicks from big to small, and although I gained some improvement from fraxel, I have a hard time justifying the cost of the treatment for the improvement that I got. I am far from satisfied with my fraxel results ( I had four treatments starting at 18 mj, with the last three at 24mj) Have you considered needling? I just had my first treatment, and am only five days out, so have no idea how effective it is, but you can't beat the cost. Why not start small, with something that doesn't break the bank? If it doesn't work out, go for fraxel. What I really like about needling, as opposed to fraxel, is that it is entirely scar specific.

ANyway, not trying to get people jumping on my band wagon, but thought I'd put it out there. It's not something that a high-tech laser doctor would ever recommend to you, but it might be worth researching.

i don't know if i could trust someone that's not a doctor, i know that sounds really corny but still. needling sounds painful and ghetto haha, i dont even really know what it is

ok here goes,

i don't know if i could trust someone that's not a doctor, i know that sounds really corny but still. needling sounds painful and ghetto haha, i dont even really know what it is

defo check out excsisions

for your box scars

otherwise a semi-permenant filler

will do the job