Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rie

kaolin clay

seriously, whats the deal with this stuff? i was happy to go with aubrey nicole minerals because it had kaolin clay as an ingredient..which ive heard lots of good things about. but now, im worried that its breaking me out. its the only new thing ive introduced lately.

i guess i could tell if its AN by stopping my use of it..but the only backup makeup i have is probably worse (maybelline pure makeup and covergirl trublend whipped)

augh!

Thats weird.., Iam not so sure..Iam sorry about that though , it might be it and might not..try and see , but that ingredient is known to give the make up more coverage , staying power and to control oil more

yea kaolin clay is used more for oil control. (what cherrybunny has said above) no sure... but definitely keep using this product for another 2-3 wks and if it still breaks you out, i recommend switching =]

I used an oil-control finishing powder that had kaolin clay in it. I thought it broke me out, so I switched to a different finishing veil without that ingredient.

Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly WHAT gave you a breakout, but this was the only thing I had done differently that week... so I blamed it. LOL.

I am wondering that too... I just started using AN last week and I've been breaking out :confused:

I like the coverage from it though, so I am hoping that it's not AN that is causing it. Let us hope that is not the case for us :pray:

i dunno..my existing breakout seem sto be going away but ive been battling some hopefuls.

on second thought i think it might be the silica, if im gonna blame the makeup.

yeah i tried to do some research, and i highly doubt its the kaolin clay. Kaolin clay is supposed to be an aid in clearing up problem skin, not creating it.

Then i was thinking it may be the silica, because I had read silica sometimes can cause "cyst like breakouts" in some women, and this is kind of what i am experiencing. They arent huge, but definitly way under the skin with no head. But then, im looking at the ingredients in a liquid foundation ive been using for quite some time (i.e. way vefore i even ordered AN) and its got silica listed as an ingredient as well.

I already ordered from meow cosmetics, but this is really pissing me off. I wish I could pin-point what the heck is making me, or made me break out. And its really only on the RIGHT side of my face.

Urgh! I mean its one thing to breakout, but its even more frustrating to breakout and not even know where to begin to solve it.