Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiosoup

3months post tane and a lot of clogged pores!

hey!

its been three months post tane now, i havent really been getting any "pimples" but im getting a lot of clogged pores all on my cheeks and chin which seem to be slowly getting worse. I still have a really bad complexion from accutane and a lot of red marks and this isnt helping it lol. I was just wondering if people would recommend i start using a face wash with something like SA in it? or maybe a scrub? any suggestions to which ones? I just dont want my skin to be dependent on using them all the time and breaking out when ever i miss a day etc!

I would advise against using anything besides moisturiser on your face. I used a salicylic acid scrub whilst on accutane last year and all that happened was my face got super dry and created some inflamed spots on skin (well ones that were going became inflamed again).

It wasn't until month 4 that my acne cleared completely so I would advise just to let accutane rum it's course and it should take care off all the trouble with your pores. Some people don't see real improvements until they are on their last month or onve they have finished their course so hang in there, everything will work out ;)

I would advise against using anything besides moisturiser on your face. I used a salicylic acid scrub whilst on accutane last year and all that happened was my face got super dry and created some inflamed spots on skin (well ones that were going became inflamed again).

It wasn't until month 4 that my acne cleared completely so I would advise just to let accutane rum it's course and it should take care off all the trouble with your pores. Some people don't see real improvements until they are on their last month or onve they have finished their course so hang in there, everything will work out ;)

Um, did you even read the post? They said "post tane".

Yeah i'm getting clogged pores on my face now as well two months post tane. I have rosacea now so i'm limited to what I can use on my face. All i'm using right now is finacea but I know a topical retinoid would be the best thing to use. Differin, Tazorac, Retin-A. And there are some over the counter things you could be using as well like Green Cream, Diacneal, BHA's (people hear seem to prefer Paula's choice).

^ agreed.

I have really come to dislike scrubs... they're just really harsh on a face, especially during or post-accutane. I wouldn't recommend it.

Overall, though, I'd just say go back to the derm. You need a prescription for a lot of the things Kanmi mentioned, and it might be smart to go ahead and go in before you make up your mind. Good luck!

thanks guys.. i might wait it out a bit and see how it goes then maybe try the green cream or pauls choice option cause its about a 2month wait for the derm and $160 to see him lol

thanks a lot for the help!