Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

Really Insightful Article About Detoxification from a PhD

http://www.neuraltherapy.com/LymeNeurotoxinProtocol.doc

Very interesting stuff.

A quick quote:

We will discuss here only those elimination agents, which are natural, safe and have also been shown to be as effective (or more effective) than the few available pharmaceuticals. Because these products cannot be patented and exploited for unethical personal gain, little attention has been given to them by European or North American medical researchers. Many of the best scientific studies on this topic are from Asian countries.

Bump bump bump, it's a really good article and you're missing out by not reading it.

Im reading it now. :)

Good stuff. I already knew a lot of that stuff but not in so much scientific detail. I liked reading that though, it made me feel like Im on the right track with the foods I eat and the supplements I take. I dont do everything exactly like that, but similar. Good article thanks R.S. :)

It's very interesting

I believe in toxemia as toxins retensions is a proven concept

People often ask "I'd like to know what these people mean when they say toxin" implying that it's not unknown ...

The list in the article is pretty complete but being of neurological nature the toxic metabolic byproducts are missing

I had to cringe when I read the department is titled after Piaget, which is one of the century most disturbed quack ever, too back switzerland in still in love with this repeteadly debunked idiot

Maybe it's the Piaget influence that lead the author to claim that trauma especially in early age cause a retention of neurotoxin. Aside from the the fact I'm not aware of any connection between toxemia and "trauma" the whole concept is something very relative, scientifically there's no real way to determine a "trauma" (first evidence of this is that each "expert" makes a different diagnosis) and what is considered "traumatic" depends too much on the culture and it expectations and collective fears. The body is neutral per se and don't care for what is cultural. Also I can agree with the belief (belief not proof) that high carbohydrates diet are a cause of neurotoxins retention. No way. To me the better form of toxemix remains fasting or semi-fasting. The most energy demanding processes in the body are those of elimination and those of digestion. Often slowing down the digestive processes is the only way to boost and bring to a conclusion the eliminative processes.

I especially agree that both adequate protein and adequate mineral intake are necessary.

Protein deficiency impairs the metabolism as a whole but so does mineral deficiency

As for the various herbs and detoxifying agents I really can't comment as I haven't studied about their properties and effects. I'll just trust the authors that they're effective in excretative detoxification because of the properties described