Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnemade

Ingrown hairs

I get bumps on my face with white bacteria and a little piece of hair in the middle, i'm sure there are ingrown hairs.

I can take care of the ones on my face... but there's no way I can do my back. Anyone have a good suggestion to care of them, or to prevent them?

Same here. The only times I ever seem to get any whiteheads at all are when I shave using my electric shaver. I will get one as soon as I finish shaving under my jaw area. It will get very inflamed and last for fortnight or so. I think it is bacteria build up on the razor. Use disposable razors, that has helped me with these things (for face anyway).

If it's from shaving, trying aftershave when you finish shaving, hopefully it stops that

I figured just as well.

What about the back/chest area. I've shaved my chest once or twice, but never my back. Yet I still find ingrown hairs.

There's a post-shave product available in drugstores called Skin Tight that can help a lot with ingrown hairs. It's alcohol-based, so might cause problems with irritation for people with sensitive skin. If your skin can tolerate it, though, it cuts down on the ingrown hairs a lot, in my experience.

Also, if you use it on your armpits, it helps decrease perspiration odor, too. Bonus! :)