Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuman

Anyone still have persistant dry lips after accutane?

I've been off of it for about a year now, and I think I have constant dry lips.

Im sure the cold weather isn't helping, but Im eating plenty of iron and B vitamins so I know i'm not deficient in those

Do I just need to apply lip balm constantly in the wintertime?

Please give some advice thank you =) oh yeah and what kind you use to that won't break me out

thanks again

I haven't constantly needed lip balm since about 4 weeks after accutane, although my lips are slightly drier than pre-accutane. Are you hydrated enough? That's the only thing I can think of other than the weather. And when I do use balm i use the Bath and Body Works mentha-lip balm.. it is amazing. And it's not shiny at all.

yeah I don't think i apply it enough then

ill try that I hate my lips being shiny =) thanks :D

Yeh, my lips remained dry after my first course and are dry again after the second (although they returned to the level they were between courses, they aren't any drier). I accepted the fact that i'll always need lipbalm a long time ago, and i've never found one that worked on my lips without clogging the pores right at the lipline, i just try to keep the product away from the lipline as much as possible. Right now i'm using the Burt's Bees Honey (i can't use the normal version, the peppermint stings). If you get some Clinique Superbalm and use it at night you may find that you don't need balm during the day or can at least cut back.

so i think i could live with dry lips post-accutane. but that weird papery texture...does that go away? how long after the course until you can kiss someone for more than 3 seconds?