Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustinC

Update + What may work for you!

I got on H & S about a week ago, and its working pretty nice. Its killed alot of my active acne, but hasnt prevented alot of them from coming back. I use it in the morning and at night in the shower with just my hands.

Also when i see a trouble spot coming or there already is a spot, i just take my shirt off and spread some H & S on it right out of the bottle, and rub it in. You wont feel it work the first time, but the second or 3rd time you will feel the burn. I dont care though, pain for pleasure.

Im lucky, and i have a tanning bed in my house. I stayed in it for 15 mintues today, and I can already see a difference on my back.

Right now id say my back is alot more clear than what it was, about 5 Active pimples and alot of scars.

Ahhhhhhhh....NO (where's the pulling out my hair icon?) I know tanning might seem to help in the short term but what happens eventually is you thicken the top layers of the skin making it more difficult for whatever's brewing underneath to escape. Not to mention the potential for skin cancer. Sorry.

okay, but what am i supposed to do when summer comes? Just not get tan at all?

I live ON THE BEACH! Literally. Im at the beach every day of my life from May to September.

Wear an spf (there are oil free ones) and do not actively try to get a tan by baking on the beach or on a tanning bed. It makes acne worse in the long run.

Another update.

about a week and a half into head & shoulders, this is probobly the 3rd time my back has started to peel because i did it like 10 serious times a day. ( left it on )

Ive got about 5 active pimples still, they move in patches. From my middle back to upper right, upper left, etc. haha.

Wear an spf (there are oil free ones) and do not actively try to get a tan by baking on the beach or on a tanning bed. It makes acne worse in the long run.

Tanning in moderation is actually good for the skin. Excessive burning is what causes skin cancer. Your body requires 20 minutes of being out in the sun daily in order to receive the vitamins it needs. Derms preach against being out in the sun and tanning because all they look at is the negatives of skin cancer. They don't look at the fact that you get the highest doses of Vitamin D available from being out in the sun and that the sun actually helps improve the skin because of that as well as the fact it helps prevent a number of other forms of cancer that you open yourself up to by depriving yourself from being out in the sun. As with anything overdoing it what puts you at risk for skin cancer. You should work your way up with how long you're out in the sun until your body can build up the protection it needs so that your skin is darkening instead of heavily burning. Yes tanning a lot will cause your skin to age faster and yes there is always the chance of a form of skin cancer later on in your life from the UV exposure but from the studying I've done on it the positives outweigh any negatives and it does help with acne as well because the UV and vitamins kill the bacteria. I wouldn't get in a tanning bed any more than you have to though. In fact I'd try to stay away from them. There for a couple of years I went like once or twice a week to try and stay tanned year round but tanning beds just age your skin faster and cause your skin to be more suseptable to broken capillaries. Not to mention it feels like being in a microwave and just cooking the skin. Being out in the sun actually feels good on the skin. There is a reason why life in itself cannot exist without the sun.