Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
one_drop

fresh start

hey, as this is my first post ill give a little intro. Im 20ys old, male, and I have mild to moderate acne. woooo fun times :rolleyes: . yeah so anyways. ive tried A LOT of things including creams, lotions, potions, pills, gels, light treatment, shouting at my face, and so on. Nothing has ever given me dramatic changes in my 4-5 yr adventure to defeat this depressing acne. I did notice a very small difference while i was recieving BLU-U treatment but the acne came right back as soon as i finished the course of treatment. Every once in a while i try new regimens and ive narrowed it down to 3 products that i believe will help me control and hopefully one day eliminate future breakouts. So here it is:

morning

shower- wash with dove gentle exfoliating facial foam cleanser

post shower- apply vaseline intensive care unscented extra strength lotion

10 mins later- apply thin layer of PanOxyl antibacterial acne aquagel (5% benzoyl peroxide)

night

repeat same as morning

Ive been doing this for 2 days now and already the blackheads on my nose have shrunk a fair bit. Ive always had problems with my nose glowing bright red with huge blackheads so this is a delightful change so far. i just hope the redness begins to fade at some point soon.

so any thoughts or alterations anyone can suggest? does it seem like a logical regimen?

thanks for taking the time to read :wavey:

Hey there! Sounds like you are in the same situation as me (tried everything, but simplfying it down to only a few products). Glad you are already noticing progress. Question about the Vaseline though - is it just the regular body lotion you are using? I use the Intensive Care Extra Strength lotion, but only on dry areas on my body, can't imagine using it on my face though, seems like it would be too heavy and greasy (but then I again I have oily skin).

yeah it is just the regular body lotion. i do find it can be a little heavy but for now its getting the job done. im thinking about switching it out with some sort of aloe vera gel because (including you) it seems like a fair amount of people find that it works wonders. as a small update the blackheads continue to shrink and my nose is starting to look a little better. whiteheads on face are clearing up quite well. forehead seems to be getting oily, might be a result of the moisturizer. ill have to visit the pharmacy tomorrow and have a look for some aloe vera.

quick update. woke up with pretty bad redness on the cheeks, around the mouth, and on my nose. the benzoyl peroxide is working well at keeping the acne at bay but the redness is just as bad if not worse. blackheads are still getting better every day, shrinking with every application. will be swiching to the aloe vera tomorrow to hopefully calm some of the redness.

just about on week 2 of this regimen now! switched over to the aloe vera lotion which ive found to be much better than the vaseline intensive care. i have no serious acne AT ALL on my face. one or two tiny dying spots but nothing major for once. nose is looking better than ever! skin seems to have adapted to the benzoyl peroxide and im not left with large red marks the day after application. forehead is clearing up considerably, small flare up on my neck where i havnt been shaving. overall very happy today

It is a bit early to say this but I think ive finnnnnally (after 4 years) found something that is going to work :D:D:D lets hope this week kicks as much ass as the last. wooo