Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex R.

More Fibre Cures Acne?

"Make Sure You Are Regular!

10/9/2005: Lisa, from Fairview, OR writes, "A REAL ACNE CURE I've had acne since I was 12. I'm now 26 and it still plagues me. I've tried everything to get rid of it. While acne can have many causes, I believe that most acne occurs when the body is too toxic from elimination problems. A healthy person should have 2-3 easy bowel movements each day. If not, the system backs up, and eventually waste products have to come out the only way they can--through the skin. This can cause acne. So if you want to attack acne at the source, start taking fiber! Get yourself regular. Everythime I have gotten myself regular, my skin has cleared, and when I start feeling blocked up, my face breaks out. It makes sense!"

Its definately very important to be regular, although acne is a complex problem and this is often not enough for most people. I am regular now and still have acne.

It helps and not just by making you regular. It binds to sugars and slows their absorbtion and prevents blood sugar spikes.

Fiber is what is missing from simple carbs.

A good balance of fiber aids in digestion, which aids in the excretion of toxins and bodily waste, which all in all helps to stop acne since many of the toxins won't be excreted from your skin.

A proper digestion isn't just good for acne, it's good because it's necessary for good health, which includes proper functions or organs including your skin :dance: Be sure to get lots of fiber in your diet!

my combined consumption of soluble + insoluble fibre is probably 2x-3x the necessary amount even though i'm closer to a 4000 calorie diet now (lots of lifting)

this means i stay regular but it doesn't seem to help my skin

my combined consumption of soluble + insoluble fibre is probably 2x-3x the necessary amount even though i'm closer to a 4000 calorie diet now (lots of lifting)

this means i stay regular but it doesn't seem to help my skin

"Make Sure You Are Regular!

10/9/2005: Lisa, from Fairview, OR writes, "A REAL ACNE CURE I've had acne since I was 12. I'm now 26 and it still plagues me. I've tried everything to get rid of it. While acne can have many causes, I believe that most acne occurs when the body is too toxic from elimination problems. A healthy person should have 2-3 easy bowel movements each day. If not, the system backs up, and eventually waste products have to come out the only way they can--through the skin. This can cause acne. So if you want to attack acne at the source, start taking fiber! Get yourself regular. Everythime I have gotten myself regular, my skin has cleared, and when I start feeling blocked up, my face breaks out. It makes sense!"

Being regular is only a part of the solution, but its quite an essential part.

There are many things which can contribute to acne, and not having frequent bowel movements CAN contribute to further breakouts.

Just becoming regular isn't a solution but its definitely a step in the right direction

Being regular is only a part of the solution, but its quite an essential part.

There are many things which can contribute to acne, and not having frequent bowel movements CAN contribute to further breakouts.

Just becoming regular isn't a solution but its definitely a step in the right direction