Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geddybear

No bad side effects yet!!

Hi,

I am new to all this so bear with me but I thought I wold share my experience of Roaccutane so far....

Well I am on 80mg per day and am now in the first week of second month. I have had no real bad side effects however, I have the following:

Really dry lips( I use Blistex on them)

Dry skin ( I use water based Hydromol cream)

Back ache ( manageable)

The only other thing I have noticed is I have lost my sex drive? Is that normal? I don't know. Not that I am bothered but not seen it mentioned anywhere?

Maybe a lady could answer that one if they read this?

My skin is looking better but a way to go yet.

I am a 4 month course.

I am now nearing the end of my sencond month on tane and I hace had a breakout, well kind of. My old spot marks are now red, red, red!!!

I have read a few posts about this and know it is common but my skin was going great, ah well what can you do!

I have some more side effects now too:

Back ache

Heel ache ( I know, strange!)

vision impaired at night ( slightly)

The heels on my feet get so achey and sore its very odd indeed. As for the vision well, its when headlights face me on roads so I am avoiding driving at night where possible.

I have also gained 10lbs, got to get this off for sure, cant be a fatty and spotty now can I.

I am going swimming this week and will be doing some cardio workouts..... that is if my heels feel better lol.

Correction from original post: I am on 70mg a day. NOT 80mg

I agree tan, my OH is no happy camper either. I am also very tired on the tablets and I am due a Blood test next time I go to see my Derm. You seem to forget how much any medication can affect your whole system, especially Roaccutane. I am very dry on my face at the moment and even though it is annoying me, I know this is one of the side effects and it will only get better ( hopefully!).

Here is to the next 2.5 months....... x