Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, what's up? My name is Zach, and I am 20 years old. I have suffered from acne since I was about 14 years old. I live in Saint Charles, Missouri which is just north of St. Louis. I am in college right now, about to transfer to a four year university that is four hours from my house. I want to enter the new college sort of a new and changed person with more self-esteem, more confidence and a clear face. My mom wanted this to happen for me too. While she was at the dermatologist for her leg, she asked him about me, and set up an appointment for me. I went there last week, and he told me I had severe acne that was going to scar. He suggested accutane and gave me a two weeks to look over the pamphlet. I was hesitant at first because of the side effects, but decided to do some research of my own. I concluded it was best for me, and I want to take it....as long as it is covered by insurance. I stopped by WAL-MART and it is 500.00 a month for pills..definitely something I cannot afford. So I find out tomorrow if it is covered..crossing my fingers. If it is, I am going to be starting it Dec. 17 and go on my first blood test this Friday! I am excited and cannot wait. I will keep you all posted..and hope to meet a lot of friends on here! See ya!

Zach

Yeah accutane is very expensive. I had some bad acne on my back a few years ago and I decided to try accutane. However, I have to wear contacts and a side effect that I got was extremly dry eyes and I had to carry eye drop everywhere. I took it for a while and eventually I had to get off of it, because I couldn't wear my contacts. It was very uncomfortable. I hope you have better luck then I had!

That's cool that you are from St. Louis, I'm from KC! What college are you going to go to?

Hey, right now I attend St. Charles Community College, but I got accepted to Southwest Missouri State University for Fall 2004 semester. Where do you go to school?

I wear contacts too, but I have a pair of glasses too, so if it gets too bad I can wear my glasses....and I work for 2 optometrists that can help me out...they actually already are and I am not even on the drug yet. Anyways, a little update, my insurance covers accutane....and now all I have to do is get a referral from my PCP to go to the dermatologist (that I already went to) so insurance will actually cover the accutane....confusing I know. Talk to you all later...Thanks for posting!

Zach

I went to Central Missouri State for two semesters and now I am attending Longview Community College, getting ready to graduate with my Associates degree.

That's cool that insurance is covering your accutane. Good luck!

Tibman, I wouldn't mind seeing a Rams v. Chiefs Superbowl...but we all know the Rams would kill the Chiefs :-D haha! That's awesome about your associates degree....I am not getting an associates because SCCC is so screwy it would take me forever just to get an associates.

Hey lalala....I know what you mean....I go to this site all the time now, and spend hours on it...

See ya'll later

Zach