Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Donna

What do you do about work when having treatment

What does everyone having treatments do about time off work. When I start treatment mid next year, I don't want anyone to kniow, but I can't really take a lot of time off work. What do you guys do?

Thanks

Donna

if you can't take time off work, yet you know your going to have side effects like redness or bruising, its best to tell the people you work with, what your doing, they'll notice anyway, and if they know why, most times they don't care. I just had New-fill injections done, and had the exact same problem.

Donna: I have taken time off, worked from home, and done treatment on Friday so that I could recuperate over the weekend.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I just told my co-workers. Be out on Friday afternoon for my Smoothbeam and a little facial. Yep..don't care. Back on Monday.

Easy for me biggrin.gif

I mainly work from home (sometimes in other peoples houses) - I just told them straight. It felt good to be honest about treating scarring, I don't feel ashamed of it - it also made things much easier.

I haven't worked for 5 months. I don't intend on working either until i sort this scarring business out. I think I might be ready to start working, providing i get a job, by April/May next year. This is very important and i want to solve the problem and never have to think about it again. I don't want to be 35 and thinking about taking time off work - sorry.

if you can't take time off work, yet you know your going to have side effects like redness or bruising, its best to tell the people you work with, what your doing, they'll notice anyway, and if they know why, most times they don't care. I just had New-fill injections done, and had the exact same problem.

sure, just type new-fill into the search setion of this board, and in that section i posted all about it. Msg me if you would like to know more?

Well I do get holidays, but I was just unsure as to how many days I would need off work and wouldn't want to be taking time off ALL the time. I work Tuesday to Friday at the moment, so I do have a 3 day weekend. I guess that I just don't know what downtime each treatments have. I am not at the stage (emotionally) where I can talk about my scars, so I wouldn't be able to just tell people what I'm doing (especially if it didn't work). I wish I could be more open, but I'm just too screwed up about it at the moment.

when I had subscision I took two days off ill as I didnt want to tell anyone - by day three the swelling had gone down a lot and people just thought I had another outbreak as far as the entry wounds were concerned

In the new year when I have more Ill take holiday and then plya it by ear after that

Guest Scorpioness

Man or man, I can soooo relate to not wanting to talk to your coworkers about scarring! My acne and scars have contributed to more emotional pain at work than I can even begin to explain. I work from home now.... yet I will give you a couple of suggestions that may help you.

Decide what treatments first of all that you are going to use. If you are doing the TCA 'CROSS' method.... you can try a couple pits closer to an area of your face you can hide with your hair. If you do the CROSS on Wednesday, you will start scabbing on Friday or Saturday, and the scabs should be off by Monday or Tuesday. You can start slow and do a few pits at a time.

If you are getting needling.... get in done on a Friday and just a small patch that you can cover up with makeup. When you do small patch tests of treatment, you can determine whether or not you want to do a bigger patch next time, and where.

If you start slowly with little patches you should be fine... and you can always do your lactic or enzyme peels and follow them up with whatever works best for you, like copper peptides or PureDeming gel (as a home maintainance and treatment program that doesn't require downtime). I personally get great results keeping a layer of raw manuka honey on my face for an hour or more after I do peels.

If you are doing Smoothbeam, you can get that done on a Friday or Saturday and you should be able to cover up the redness with makeup. I recommend getting a good makeup product with great coverage. I use Youngblood Mineral makeup with a dusting of rice powder over it to help it stay put and keep it matte.

If you were to go all out and get CO2 laser or exoderm done or something you could be in trouble... yet with the treatments I mentioned you should be able to keep it on the downlow with good makeup. I cake on my makeup... and I know people notice I do that, but it's better to me they notice the makeup than what is under the makeup cause that's scary honey!

Love,

Scorpion

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I figured why cover it up while you can be honest and open about it to people, right? Hmm...not quite. I tell people at work that I have to do smoothbeam for my scars and stuff, I get the weird look from people. One of my co-workers even agreed that I'm really obsessed with my skin (she got good skin btw).

I don't know if at this 'age' I should be worrying about something that's 'supposedly' superficial? At least that's what a lot of people are 'hinting' at?

I don't know- I guess I know that even with my scars, I'm STILL an outgoing and pretty positive guy for the most part. I mean I have almost no problem approaching somebody and make a small talk (not a stranger though. I'm talking in class or at work), but i don't know somehow I just feel that I 'gotta do it'.

Although I'm not classified as a 'hot' guy, I know I'm not ugly, EVEN with the scars (and I KNOW I have them), but as much as other people say 'it doesn't matter' deep inside I still wanna do it? That's why I'm also spending my time at the gym more and more too. I just don't want to be one of those people who obsessed with their looks though :-k

So far I'm almost touching the $1000 mark in spending this year alone. I don't know. One of my co-workers understands my situation. She said- Although my scars are 'ok'...sometimes you need to do it to make yourself feel good cause you know you're doing something about it?

Hmm...I don't know. Sorry for my rambling

Well I do get holidays, but I was just unsure as to how many days I would need off work and wouldn't want to be taking time off ALL the time. I work Tuesday to Friday at the moment, so I do have a 3 day weekend. I guess that I just don't know what downtime each treatments have. I am not at the stage (emotionally) where I can talk about my scars, so I wouldn't be able to just tell people what I'm doing (especially if it didn't work). I wish I could be more open, but I'm just too screwed up about it at the moment.