Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i use it ever night, and my redmarks have faded significantly. i dunno if its due to the bio oil or just time tho

I've used it for about 1-2months. Probably not enough time to see improvements, but in that time, I did not notice anything. It smells really good though :)

I am unsure of this stuff. Some people rave about it. Some find that all it does is break them out.

Try and see, everyone is different after all.

I am unsure of this stuff. Some people rave about it. Some find that all it does is break them out.

Try and see, everyone is different after all.

I have used this on my chest and broke out really badly with it as its so oily.great for stretch marks though!

It didn't make me break out but it didn't give me the wonderous results I was hoping for.

I found that I had small dents in my skin, scars but I don't know what type. They weren't seriously bad ones but I do think the bio oil helped these, perhaps temporary, I'm not sure.

I also think that putting it under my eyes reduced the dry lines that are beginning to appear there so I do like bio oil but don't expect anything amazing.

BTW, this is a useful link - its the trial that found Bio-Oil to be NON-ACNEGENIC (even though it contains so many oils, of which one or two may be known comedogenics)

http://www.bio-oil.info/en/clinical-trials...ic-skin-testing

I use it daytime and nighttime - as long as you use the normal amount of BP then the pores won't get infected, even IF they may get blocked for a few hours that you're using it overnight. I think that maybe somepeople cut down on the BP when using this and that's why they got outbreaks.

I've been using it for the last month and a half. It's not as super-fast working as everyone thinks it is, BUT it IS faster than leaving the marks alone. I've noticed a change, and spots that have been there for months are now fading slowly. I think its well worth it to buy it - one 60ml bottle will last you at LEAST a year, i'm not joking.

My next step is a tablespoon of eggwhite + a squirt of lemon as a mask at night. I read it at another topic on this forum.

Good luck all

yeah bio oil is good stuff. i like how u cant over-use it. with everything else, if u use to much its bad for ur skin and can make it oily and stuff but bio oil is just the opposite. i love putting on and leaving it over night even if it doesnt work it feels good, but i know it works.made my marks fade about 2x faster. but make sure to use it overnight its the most effective way

i used this a couple of years ago after my worst ever break out and am using it again (unfort to say) it never affected my acne before and i thought it really helped with red marks...my cheeks were seriously RED at 18 yrs and although it took time they went back to being flesh coloured (almost normal looking minus scars) i used to put it on early evening and really massage it in then wake up in night and apply tiny bit more and give it a good massage again. sometimes would put bit on with my make up during day but only if not going out otherwise shiny shiny face (and i dont need the bio oil for that so think how much worse that made it!)

if you are still breaking out badly perhaps best just to err on the side of caution though. just in case.

p.s try not to get it in your eyes it makes them water and kinda sting for a looong time! i do dab a little above and below eyes though cos its really softening and will keep those wrinkles away one hopes will never get

:)

i used to use this, but it broke me out.

however, its one of those products which can be excellent for some people (i remeber Dami4n raving about it lol) but be crappy for other peeps :(

give it a go, and see what happens.....good luck :)