Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rodney99

please help me with my scar

So, i have a really annoying scar that just won't go away. It has been four full years since i got the pimple that caused it; a large, cystic, un-popable type--the only one of its kind i've ever really gotten, i normally just get whitehead kind of things--and it really damaged the skin in the area. So what i have as a remnant that has only gotten about 20% better in the time span between 3 months after the pimple left and now (a span of 3+ years) is this (see pictures, sorry they couldn't be clearer), a purple-red area of about a centimeter in diameter, that's a pretty intensely different color than the rest of my pale skin. I have mild acne otherwise, but its more or less limited to one whitehead at a time, plus some blackheads. I scar really easily, and i'm 22 years old.

If I could just get rid of this damn mark, i wouldn't have to use concealer at all any more.

The picture may make it look somewhat un-noticeable, but its quite clear and would make a huge difference if it were faded.

I've read through the FAQ threads about scars and I'm not sure which kind this is--its completely smooth/flush with the skin around it, its really just the coloring (i think its scar tissue on the surface because it doesn't cover up nearly as easily as other post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks).

Does anyone know a good tissue for simple scar tissue redness?

I've tried Hydroquinone, maybe i wasn't using a good kind but it stunk; kojic acid did nothing, neither did hydroxy acids. Tried applying lemon juice directly to the surface for a month but that didn't help. I tried mederma once and didn't get much in the way of results.

Thanks!

post-55487-1173079961_thumb.jpg

post-55487-1173080014_thumb.jpg

a light chemical peel should do. also, this looks more like a red mark topic not scar -- so perhaps you should look there for more info instead.

a light chemical peel should do. also, this looks more like a red mark topic not scar -- so perhaps you should look there for more info instead.

Yeah, it doesn't really look like a scar at all. I'd try a chemical peel (Glycolic 70% or less), and for now I'd just use some foundation to cover it up, though it's not that noticeable at all. (Make sure a dermatologist, a good one, does your chemical peel) Could be muuuuch much worse. How long have you had it?