Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

www.thesecret.tv

download it somewhere or buy it,

IMO, i highly recommend it and find it life changing

*excuse me if its already been mentioned...

I watched it a few months ago and enjoyed it.

I do believe that our thoughts turn into words and our words turn into actions and our actions form our character and our character becomes our destiny.

The place where we put all our thoughts is where all of our attention will go, ultimately taking us towards the goal of our thoughts.

My friend, for example, was this "huge and faithful" Christian who would try to convert everyone. He was always thinking on sex and sentences would slip out. I saw him again 5 years later. He has orgies now and sleeps with anyone (which was against what he believed 5 years prior).

My friends say they can't believe how different he is now (they say he was "the strongest Christian"). However, it was obvious he was heading toward this sort of lifestyle because all of his thoughts were aimed at a different lifestyle.

(I hope no one is offended by this post because the story is about a Christian person -- he could have been any religion. The story was about his character).

But, that's just a basic example of how our thoughts are magnetic and important. I believe we can attract to us bigger things, just like in the movie.

I liked the movie :) and have seen many examples of it.

I watched it a few months ago and enjoyed it.

I do believe that our thoughts turn into words and our words turn into actions and our actions form our character and our character becomes our destiny.

The place where we put all our thoughts is where all of our attention will go, ultimately taking us towards the goal of our thoughts.

When I saw the movie a few months ago, I did think, "Boy, I bet there are a lot of people who have watched this and would love to use these principles to their own advantage at the expense of others." (kinda like when the pharnaceutical industries make a discovery and jack the prices up so that they can make the most money out of it...).

But, yes, I agree with Danny's first post. There is a huge difference between the people who invented that philosophy and the person who sees a philosophy that will bring him fortune. A fortune hunter, to be precise.

I really liked that movie, watched it the other day. Maybe a bit corny at times. But I definitely believe in the power of the mind - even the ultra-conservatives of the medical community generally accept that the placebo effect exists, and the placebo effect is basically a scientific label for saying your mind is more powerful than we previously knew under former paradigms. Either way, call it psychological narcissism or spiritual gratitude, I definitely feel that our realities are largely based on what thoughts are going on in our heads. The whole getting quantam physics involved with that paradigm is also intriguing.

But seriously, if you go to your job everyday focusing on how much you hate it, chances are you'll just hate it more and more and drive yourself crazy, and only a drastic event beyond your control is going to change that (without an attitude change). If you go to work thinking about how fast time flies by, and focusing on the positives, chances are you're going to enjoy it more and stay a bit more sane. That's just one example: all reality is how you interpret it in your brain, yet there are still universal truths and laws that hold things together.

However, like Danny, I think this discipline of practicing what is put forth in the movie is definitely a lot closer in practice to what a Buddhist monk is doing in the mountains of Nepal, not what the average Westerner is willing to partake in.

but im sure we can Alll agree that....positive thinking > negative thinking

especially when it comes to acne and emotions right?

www.thesecret.tv

download it somewhere or buy it,

IMO, i highly recommend it and find it life changing

I'm not sure ...

The problem is that this kind of phylosophy has been around for centuries and it goes back to Pitagorian cyrcles and Hermetic disciplines. And that's the problem: the people either using contemplating or creating it were people who devoted huge effort and practice to such phylosophy

It's people who gave up other things in order to follow such principles

So it's like the difference between a person who train hardly with consistence and patience and someone who hope to become athletic and slim by gulping down a bunch of pills while still living a sedentary life and eating chips by the bag. And of course the second one has no results

I don't agree at all with making these principles a mass product

I don't agree with aiming them at superficial, hypocritical and rhethorical people (like the viewers of Ophra are) people who would never give up their bigoted moralist flawed idea in order for be open minded and flexible enough to really understand a word of what's being said

Certain things, like the Hermetic tradition and the principles of attraction (as above as below, there are no differences just opposite of the same, everything is the same just different and degree ... and so on) require more than a mild open minded and more than an average spirituality and the western mentality, it's insane hypocrisy and sense of what is worth and what is not can only ruin them

I can't see any middle-class rhetorical moralist new-age based getting anything out of this