Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yaqz

WARNING ABOUT PROACTIV

OK well i was using proactiv and for one month it appeared 2 be helping the condition..then the next month it was just keeping it under controlled...and then one day i wake up and its like all the pimples it were preventing over the 2 months just began popping outa nowhere...it is disgusting...so just incase proactiv is helping you i just wanted to worn you not 2 get your hopes up...thats what happened 2 me..and wen it fails u...damn does it hurt

yep, all the seasoned members are pretty well aware of the fucking bullshit that goes on within the Proactiv company.

yep, all the seasoned members are pretty well aware of the fucking bullshit that goes on within the Proactiv company.

The Proactiv toner and BP face wash screwed up my skin. Luckily I have recovered from proactiv after using it 3 months ago. It seemed like whenever I put the toner on, the next morning I would have several small bumps (not really pimples, they never came to a head and went away a few days later) and whenever I used their BP I would develop actual pimples. The only thing that has worked moderately well in the Proactiv kit for me is the sulfur mask, and even then I don't use it all over my entire face, I just spot treat with it because the one time I did use it on my entire face the next morning I woke up with 2 BIG pimples on my cheeks. Avoid this product!

Yeah proactiv really does suck! It did nothing for me but break me out even more

Has anyone ever called ProActiv and given them shit? I just don't understand how they could keep going when all I hear is negative things about their products, at least around here.

LOL yup i did..and the guy told me i was just probably using it wrong or I react negatively to BP..i started yelling how it is a waste of money and how they suck and he said i can return my products for 100% refund - shipping and handling.

I wish we could SUE Proactiv and get a share of the millions of dollars they made off of poeple like us. Its false advertisement. I was on proactiv and few years back and they just kept charging my credit card every month. I wasnt even using their shitty products. I still have a bunch of expired Proactiv left. I want my money back, damn it!

I want to vent about Proacitve too!

I used it for 3 years to stay clear and then it stopped working. I started breaking out as bad as before and then the crappy harsh cleanser would make my face hurt. I realized what a big waste of money it was, and now I love the DKR, I'm getting great results.

hmmm sry for the bad luck with all of you but i had marvelous results and the product is suppose to last for 2 months and not every month for 40 bucks. if u finished it in one month then there is ur problem. u used to damn much.

hmmm sry for the bad luck with all of you but i had marvelous results and the product is suppose to last for 2 months and not every month for 40 bucks. if u finished it in one month then there is ur problem. u used to damn much.

I hear ya. $30 bucks for each of their products at a kiosk at the mall....HA! Biggest waste of money in the world.

Worked well for the first month, saw noticable results, then started to decrease in effectiveness.......which led me to increase my dosage.

Sadly, as we all probably know, that usually doesn't ever work and only makes it worse. And that's what it did. :doubt:

:rolleyes:

All of the members here who have used proactiv at some point and then watched it fail miserably will probably agree that it has nothing at all to do with how much we used. Its the product, period. And it doesnt take brain surgery to figure out how much to use - sorry but you'll see in time that we arent sitting here complaining because its the thing to do.

But...but...it CAN'T BE!!! It was voted #1 acne solution by allure magainze!!!!!!! Noooo!

Seriously though, before I started accutane I tried ProActiv twice. First time it did jack shit except waste my time. Second time (a year later), not only did it waste my time but got my acne so bad it was the straw that pushed me to get accutane.

Damn you Jessica Simpson for taking advantage of horny hormonal teenagers and for having such mesmerizing boobs, DAMN YOU!

not only do the products suck, smell weird, feel awful on your skin, and generally make acne worse, but the company itself is a pain to deal with.

i used proactive for a few months several years ago before it was available in malls. we had to order it by phone, and they put you in one of those automatic billing plans.

its was SUCH a pain to cancel the membership and we still got charged again before we were finally able to get the picture through to them that we didnt want their crappy product anymore.

i will never again order anything through any company that puts you in some kind of membership. its like a redflag that they're just waiting to rip you off.

does anyone know why proactiv causes this? what ingredients specifically causues problems. i know the lotion contains 2.5% bp, and the toner contains glycolic acid... but what else?

i never said yall were complaining but i was just stating a fact the some people say which is wrong and it shouldnt be that much spending on a month basis if you are using it correctly. And sorry yall didnt get good reaction to it but everyones skin is different and i have been on this for a long time and have used many other regimens and programs and this is the best so far at keeping my acne at bay along with many other products i use besides that.