Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dws

took too much accutane

this is my second course and i remember last time using 20 and 30 a day total of 50 daily.. but i am using a diff derm and he prescribed me 20 daily to start with.. not realizing i started with 40 a day basically taking double what i should be.. my question is, my derm is very accutane freindly so im sure he would have no problem upping my doseage anyways, can the pharmacy do this with the ipledge though? im not sure how the system works basically i dont want to run short of accutane since im taking double what i should be i will only be good for 15 days and i got it filled about a week ago.. i am going to call the derm tommorw but its such a pain to get ahold of somebody there..

thanks

this is my second course and i remember last time using 20 and 30 a day total of 50 daily.. but i am using a diff derm and he prescribed me 20 daily to start with.. not realizing i started with 40 a day basically taking double what i should be.. my question is, my derm is very accutane freindly so im sure he would have no problem upping my doseage anyways, can the pharmacy do this with the ipledge though? im not sure how the system works basically i dont want to run short of accutane since im taking double what i should be i will only be good for 15 days and i got it filled about a week ago.. i am going to call the derm tommorw but its such a pain to get ahold of somebody there..

thanks

Are you saying that you changed your dosage on your own, without your dr.'s consent?

thanks

Are you saying that you changed your dosage on your own, without your dr.'s consent?

basically.. but also keep in mind that i was on 50 daily with my other doctor so i can easily handle 40

Well... The iPledge program makes it so that you only get enough for exactly 30 days. So if your doctor's cool about it... Than they might prescribe you more... But they may not be allowed to by iPledge. I'm not exactly sure. But since you already started taking an excess of pills, the only thing to do now is call your doctor and see if he can get you more pills.

I was finishing accutane right at the beginning of the ipledge deal, so I couldn't give you a clear answer. I would definitely call your dermatologist ASAP though, because it wouldn't be ideal to go 15 days without the medication. I do know that it is only every 30 days exactly that you can pick up the prescription per ipledge (just like moose said) and probably the only way you could get around it is if the doc called up ipledge himself and said that he mis-wrote the dosage and wanted you to be on 40s.